Recommendations for future PC case

Nagispace

Hello everyone,

I soon plan to build myself my dream PC and I still can't figure out a good case for it.
I plan to have a RTX4090 in it and air-cool the CPU with a good old NH-D15 from noctua.

I really don't care if the case has RGB or not it just needs to have a window.

I also have a couple of noctua industrial PC fans and those things SUCK dust in like there's no tomorrow.

Any recommendations for a good looking case with good cable managements ?

Of course I have a flexible budget but I need to be able to buy it in France.

I started with a Corsair 4000X, but migrated to a Fractal Pop XL Air. The 4000X cooled my 5900X okay, but I decided I wanted an internal optical when issues required teardown to RMA the board. The 4000D Airflow no doubt cools even better than the 4000X, but my build runs about 5-15C cooler in the Pop XL Air than it did in the 4000X.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

18 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I started with a Corsair 4000X, but migrated to a Fractal Pop XL Air. The 4000X cooled my 5900X okay, but I decided I wanted an internal optical when issues required teardown to RMA the board. The 4000D Airflow no doubt cools even better than the 4000X, but my build runs about 5-15C cooler in the Pop XL Air than it did in the 4000X.

Do you have your GPU mounted on the motherboard or using a vertical mount ?
The case seems nice but I fear that no air intake from the bottom will just cook the GPU.
Also what's up with the fake USB-C port ? Is it hard to add it yourself ?

35 minutes ago, Nagispace said:

I really don't care if the case has RGB or not it just needs to have a window.

I also have a couple of noctua industrial PC fans and those things SUCK dust in like there's no tomorrow.

Any recommendations for a good looking case with good cable managements ?

Dont those industrial fans go to high rpms? You could just set them to max and watch that dust fly out the back when the dust builds up

For an matx build look at the tecware forge m, for an atx build theres cases like the kolink observatory lite, zalman s2, etc.

Personally love the design and cases from Fractal. 

got the meshify C myself and can only recommend.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 hours ago, Nagispace said:

Do you have your GPU mounted on the motherboard or using a vertical mount ?
The case seems nice but I fear that no air intake from the bottom will just cook the GPU.
Also what's up with the fake USB-C port ? Is it hard to add it yourself ?

Both the Corsair 4000X and Fractal Pop support vertical mount. The Corsair needs only a riser cable, I believe it's an extra kit with the Fractal. The Fractal will run most setups about 10-15C cooler though. I have mine on the motherboard as of now. I tried a riser cable / vertical mount arrangement in troubleshooting, but went back to the motherboard mount as it didn't solve the problem. I was having random no-video POST issues that turned out to. be memory instability. If you're concerned about GPU sag, JayzTwoCents has a pretty good video about how to combat it...

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

IPPC nf-a14 or nf-f12 ?

if yer worried about dust, better look for filtered case (4000d, meshify c etc)

i personally dust my case every 3 months or so (using xpower a2 blower)

fractal pop air is a nice case for its price, too bad no front filters tho

check out my recent pop air build for my lil nephew

Spoiler

i7 4770k + 3060ti, PICS

i have spare NF-A14 lying around, so i just throw them in after cleaning them

easy cable management with twist ties, and yes that's a SFX 650w psu 😆

20220913_203036.thumb.jpg.d18dbe23f5650ced896abab3339a004a.jpg20220915_130209.thumb.jpg.c86f0402bb37481737e30a5ef13077de.jpg20220914_125736.thumb.jpg.cdcffa9fb4991db1ccd7735d3d9f877f.jpg20220914_125706.thumb.jpg.7771b606ecdec54a68f4acd77080b701.jpg

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini