Nights and Weekends 'dad' gamer looking for casual gaming friends (Xbox & PC)

Hey All, Brian here.

31 years old, and most of my friends don't really game, so I'm posting here in hopes to make some friends to game with occasionally after work in the evenings (I live in the US East Coast) or on the weekends.

A little about me: Family man, hobby musician, metalhead, decent sense of humor. Don't game too frequently as life and work manage to find their way to take up my time, but can usually squeeze in a gaming session or two a week.

As far as games go, i'm more of a PvE guy than a PvP guy, and primarily play FPS or 3rd Person shooters. I also really enjoy silly casual arcade games like Overcooked, Fall Guys, etc. I'm honestly down to play whatever though, not picky.

I have an Xbox Series S with game pass, as well as a PC with a pretty decent steam library. Happy to buy a game if needed! I also have an Quest 2 I rarely use, but happy to dust that off as well if that's something you play.

Some games I enjoy playing or would like to try to get into (to name a few):

• Back4Blood
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Destiny 2
  • Divison 2
  • Warhammer Vermintide
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Phasmaphobia
  • Valheim
  • Halo

Again, open to play whatever! Really just looking for someone who's friendly, chill, and has a sense of humor. Adults preferred.

Shoot me a reply or a message, or hit me up on one of my gaming socials:

Discord: braugss#0071

Steam: Friend Code - 54518547

Xbox: braugumss

Can't quite help with finding people, but if you're looking into expanding your game library...

I'd recommend the Epic Games launcher free games. It's a great place to start discovering things you like, there's a new one or two every week. They haven't been as good lately, but a while ago 3 Tomb Raider games were free. 

13 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Can't quite help with finding people, but if you're looking into expanding your game library...

I'd recommend the Epic Games launcher free games. It's a great place to start discovering things you like, there's a new one or two every week. They haven't been as good lately, but a while ago 3 Tomb Raider games were free. 

I'm not sure how that's relevant to my post, but thanks for the advice!

• 1 month later...

Hi Brian! I'm basically in the exact same situation as you. I'm nights & weekends xbox and PC gamer who generally prefers PvE games. I too am in my 30s and dig metal and playing music. Of the games you listed, I've played a lot of Halo, Overcooked, Fall Guys, and Destiny 2. This seems like a perfect situation to reactivate my game pass subscription for. I guess the only tricky part is that I live on the west coast so that's going make for a 3 hour time difference. But I'm down to work with that if you still wanna game some time! 

-Jake

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same situation. I like Halo MCC, Skyrim, Minecraft, occasional Apex Legends...

The few people I had to play games with have moved on to other games and don't play much anymore.