Have 1500-1800$ budget for a new build

QueenObama
Go to solution Solved by Queen Chrysalis,

There's no point in adding another SSD if you aren't out of space.  If you need more SSD space just get the cheapest price/GB SSD you can, any of them will be more than fast enough for high speed media storage.

1 hour ago, Chikensoops said:

Way overspending on motherboard for no benefit.  You can also get a 12GB 3080 for less than that 10GB one:

This cooler costs half as much and will be more than enough for a 12600k.  The non-rgb version is also $4 less if you don;t want that.

Also, if you really want extra cores for streaming, the 12600k still has the iGPU that the 12700kf does not, and has the 4 e cores on top of the 6 hyperthreaded p-cores, so you have more than enough resources for gaming, and then an entire quad core for everything else and your stream.

This case has great airflow and comes with 4 argb fans preinstalled.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($264.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M GAMING X AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($47.79 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A55 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Video Card  ($739.99 @ B&H) 
Case: BitFenix Nova Mesh SE ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.90 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0850-V1 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1497.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-04 23:11 EDT-0400

Budget (including currency): 1500-1800$usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant, multiverse, streaming, want 0 issues if I want to play any game, also do some video editing with go pro footage a lot.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have seen that GPU prices are finally down so I'm ready to get rid of my old old pc that was running with an i76700 and a 1070, i was always struggling to get over 120 fps in Valorant as well as if I tried to stream it would really hurt not being able to get 144 fps on a 144hz monitor. Needless to say it's time for an upgrade and I have saved up. I will use my hard drive 1TB And I have and old ssd Samsung evo but I would love to add in another SSD, I have everything else already just need help maxing out bang for buck, I'm not tied down to any company but I do like team nvidea and intel over amd. Ideally we get a 3080 in the build. 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway

There's no point in adding another SSD if you aren't out of space.  If you need more SSD space just get the cheapest price/GB SSD you can, any of them will be more than fast enough for high speed media storage.

1 hour ago, Chikensoops said:

Way overspending on motherboard for no benefit.  You can also get a 12GB 3080 for less than that 10GB one:

This cooler costs half as much and will be more than enough for a 12600k.  The non-rgb version is also $4 less if you don;t want that.

Also, if you really want extra cores for streaming, the 12600k still has the iGPU that the 12700kf does not, and has the 4 e cores on top of the 6 hyperthreaded p-cores, so you have more than enough resources for gaming, and then an entire quad core for everything else and your stream.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M GAMING X AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($47.79 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Video Card  ($739.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0850-V1 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

I'm liking this build alot, I don't have a huge stream, its more of a hobby that I like to do but dont want to have to worry about heavy decrees in frames, Its also fits into the budget even nicer leaves me extra room to buy a new monitor or some extra peripherals, if there was a spot to shell out more money if i just maintain my current SSD and HD to save the 100$ where would you put that into 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

29 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

I'm liking this build alot, I don't have a huge stream, its more of a hobby that I like to do but dont want to have to worry about heavy decrees in frames, Its also fits into the budget even nicer leaves me extra room to buy a new monitor or some extra peripherals, if there was a spot to shell out more money if i just maintain my current SSD and HD to save the 100$ where would you put that into 

Pocket.  The parts list I rec'd doesn't really have any deficiencies, and you still getting an alder lake CPU with cores to spare and a 3080.

3 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Pocket.  The parts list I rec'd doesn't really have any deficiencies, and you still getting an alder lake CPU with cores to spare and a 3080.

Worth grabbing 2 sets of the 16gb ram to be at 32 total? 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

6 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

Worth grabbing 2 sets of the 16gb ram to be at 32 total? 

Do a single (2x16) 32GB set if that's your plan.  It's cheaper and easier to OC.  There's no benefit to using 4 DIMMS, and OC will need more voltage.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/B8QcCJ/silicon-power-gaming-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-cl16-memory-sp032gxlzu320bdaj7

You don't really need it to stream valorant, but I only ever stream e-sports and old games on discord to my friends.  If you are streaming something new, go for it, it's only $32 more.

Or if you want the full height version of that mobo it's $20 more if for some reason you ever need 2 m.2 ports or want more space between the GPU and the CPU cooler.  Take it or leave it IMO.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YZPQzy/gigabyte-b660-gaming-x-ax-ddr4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b660-gaming-x-ax-ddr4

26 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Do a single (2x16) 32GB set if that's your plan.  It's cheaper and easier to OC.  There's no benefit to using 4 DIMMS, and OC will need more voltage.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/B8QcCJ/silicon-power-gaming-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-cl16-memory-sp032gxlzu320bdaj7

You don't really need it to stream valorant, but I only ever stream e-sports and old games on discord to my friends.  If you are streaming something new, go for it, it's only $32 more.

Or if you want the full height version of that mobo it's $20 more if for some reason you ever need 2 m.2 ports or want more space between the GPU and the CPU cooler.  Take it or leave it IMO.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YZPQzy/gigabyte-b660-gaming-x-ax-ddr4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b660-gaming-x-ax-ddr4

One last question, my friend has a spare 3080, its the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G  he would sell it at 750$ cash compared to the other model which comes out to

$797.34 would you say theres a huge difference is the extra 2GB on board from 10GB to 12GB worth it, in terms of performance / quality any sort of major differences?

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

14 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

One last question, my friend has a spare 3080, its the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G  he would sell it at 750$ cash compared to the other model which comes out to

$797.34 would you say theres a huge difference is the extra 2GB on board from 10GB to 12GB worth it, in terms of performance / quality any sort of major differences?

Not really.  I'd only care if it was the same price, but if it's cheaper, get the GPU from your friend.  The AORUS one has really awesome lights on the cooler, too. The framerate is about identical and you'll be able to help a friend get money for a thing he wants to sell.  Make sure to get the receipt from in case you need to use the warranty.

prefect ill keep this thread open and reply with a picture of the completed build all parts should be here in next two weeks ordering tmmr 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

10 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

prefect ill keep this thread open and reply with a picture of the completed build all parts should be here in next two weeks ordering tmmr 

One last thing, can't believe I missed this but if you really want a mobo upgrade form the b660m x as, the aorus master one is $5 more than the other one I posted.  It actually has a better I/O (more USB-A, has a USB-C, and an optical audio for a soundbar or something) and support for higher draw CPUs if you ever needed something different in the future.  If you don't care about that stuff, get the first mobo from my parts list, but if you want a full height board, definitely get this one:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145373?Item=N82E16813145373

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 10:25 PM, Queen Chrysalis said:

One last thing, can't believe I missed this but if you really want a mobo upgrade form the b660m x as, the aorus master one is $5 more than the other one I posted.  It actually has a better I/O (more USB-A, has a USB-C, and an optical audio for a soundbar or something) and support for higher draw CPUs if you ever needed something different in the future.  If you don't care about that stuff, get the first mobo from my parts list, but if you want a full height board, definitely get this one:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145373?Item=N82E16813145373

Hey due to some supply issues, is there another power supply to sub in for this one? It wouldn't be able to get here for 3 weeks from amazon, using amazon for all the other parts since I have to use a card since this is for *College* and tax porpoises makes it similar, what is another PSU I could sub in for this same price ideally ? Or is anything alright

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 8:14 PM, Queen Chrysalis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Help all the parts game in but unfortualty the graphics card did not fit in the case #rip especially since it was the last compentent i was gonna install, but what case should i go with now? I need something with extra room any recommendations ?

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

24 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

Help all the parts game in but unfortualty the graphics card did not fit in the case #rip especially since it was the last compentent i was gonna install, but what case should i go with now? I need something with extra room any recommendations ?

Wait really?  Is there a removable cage in the way or is it too long for the chassis?  I’m beyond words for how sorry I am, The case looked long enough, I should have dug deeper on the specs.  It says the GPU is 294mm and the case should fit 315mm.  Is it close?  Sometimes you can fanagle these things to get them to drop in.

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Wait really?  Is there a removable cage in the way or is it too long for the chassis?  I’m beyond words for how sorry I am, The case looked long enough, I should have dug deeper on the specs.

Ultimately my fault for trusting and not verifying, the size of the gpu is just to big to fit inside no removable anything unfortunately, just untimely no fit ;/ but good atx case ? or mega super duper atx so i have no more fear ?

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

2 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

Ultimately my fault for trusting and not verifying, the size of the gpu is just to big to fit inside no removable anything unfortunately, just untimely no fit ;/ but good atx case ? or mega super duper atx so i have no more fear ?

Could you measure the GPU and the space in the case? It says the GPU is 294mm and the case says it would fit a 315mm GPU.  Could you verify to see which one is inacurate?

12 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Could you measure the GPU and the space in the case? It says the GPU is 294mm and the case says it would fit a 315mm GPU.  Could you verify to see which one is inacurate?

The Gpu i went with was The Aurous Xtream 3080 which was from the friend which I think is where it went bad 

Height 5.5" / 140.00 mm
Length 12.6" / 319.00 mm
Width 3.5-Slot

from personal experience there is no way that case could fit 315 mm i was off by about an half inch or so on each side

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

3 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

The Gpu i went with was The Aurous Xtream 3080 which was from the friend which I think is where it went bad 

Oh, well I've identified the problem. Aorus extreme cards are ungodly in size being a 3.5 slot and such a long length. That's more of a 4000d airflow p500a digital kind of card 

8 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Oh, well I've identified the problem. Aorus extreme cards are ungodly in size being a 3.5 slot and such a long length. That's more of a 4000d airflow p500a digital kind of card 

I can get the 4000d airflow tmmr at best buy its in stock near me, so that works, unfortunatly i have to return motherboard as unplugging it when unstalling resulted in postentially damaging the usb3 motherboard 7 pin thing the cover came off with the cable all pins look intact and i replaced cover but dont wanna risk it not working, luckily everything was throug amazon so easy returns 400d fits still within budget.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

6 hours ago, QueenObama said:

I can get the 4000d airflow tmmr at best buy its in stock near me, so that works, unfortunatly i have to return motherboard as unplugging it when unstalling resulted in postentially damaging the usb3 motherboard 7 pin thing the cover came off with the cable all pins look intact and i replaced cover but dont wanna risk it not working, luckily everything was throug amazon so easy returns 400d fits still within budget.

That mobo will work fine, there is no damage.  I've done that a million times.  That's literally just a glued on plastic piece, it's a  known issue with that type of port, everyone has done it.   Also that 400d case would be good.