Speaker System For Work

iamdarkbowser

I'm trying to find a wireless speaker system to replace the stereo at work (a CNC machine shop). The problem with the current one is that with the placement of it's wired speakers, at some of the machines the music is really loud and at others it's nearly inaudible. Also some people (me) don't want to hear the music, that's where the wireless part comes into play.

So my four requirements:

1: All the speakers must connect to the same device.

2: It must be able to have at least 15 speakers connected at once.

3: Each speaker must have it's own volume controls so the volume can be set depending on how loud the machine its next to is.

4: The whole system must not cost a ton of money. I've got to convince my boss to buy it.

What I was envisioning was whoever wants to listen to music would grab a speaker from a charger in the break room and plunk it down where they're working, turn it on and it starts playing. The reason every speaker must connect to the same device is just so no one will be trying to hear their own music over anyone else's. Also headphones/earbuds are not allowed, that's why I'm going through this.

Ok, but what if everyone wants a different genre of music?  Are you going to force the entire shop to listen to K-Pop, or does one guy get to listen to death metal while another guy gets to listen to reggae?  Are you taking a roulette of who gets to pick stations on any given day?

Most systems I"m familiar with only can take 2-5 speakers.  So I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for very easily.

While I'm sure a product like this does exist, I cannot image it will be easy to find, nor inexpensive. In fact, I imagine a wireless speaker system supporting 15+ speakers is going to be incredibly expensive.

There are hacky ways to do it yourself, mind you - using Wireless audio transmitters (basically the same tech as a wireless bodypack for a lapel mic would use), but that's probably going to be just as expensive, unless you can get away with cheap gear from Amazon - but you'll likely have signal issues with the cheap gear.

It's probably a lot cheaper to just buy some bulk audio wire and start running lines through the rafters and ceiling mount regular speakers. Ideally powered speakers, since that way you're not relying on the amp to power 15+ speakers, but there are ways to get it done either way.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)