FPS drops and bad frame times in Rocket League

I have a high end PC running a 6900XT, Ryzen 9 5900X and 64gb of ram, playing on a 165hz 1440p display. I can NOT get RL to stop dropping frames or smooth out the frame timing. I've reinstalled the game, swapped back to the steam version, dropped all my settings to low, enabled/disabled v-sync, enabled/disabled AMD free sync. I've enabled FPS limiters and disabled it. I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING but I can't get the game to smooth out. Any help would be awesome.

Edited by Kimbjcl
Spelling

• 10 months later...

Did you ever find a fix I'm currently having the same problem. tried basically all the same steps. pc specs are 5800x3d and 3060 with 16gb of ram 165hz 1080p display.

whats weird is that the problem only started after I upgraded from a 3600 to the5800x3d my 750 watt power supply should be more than enough to handle the upgrade tho so I have no idea whats wrong

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:55 PM, Skywalker8510 said:

Did you ever find a fix I'm currently having the same problem. tried basically all the same steps. pc specs are 5800x3d and 3060 with 16gb of ram 165hz 1080p display.

whats weird is that the problem only started after I upgraded from a 3600 to the5800x3d my 750 watt power supply should be more than enough to handle the upgrade tho so I have no idea whats wrong

In case you are still looking for a fix: I was able to solve this by undervolting my 3060ti. As soon as I did that my frametimes adjusted and the game finally smoothed out. I did have my 5800x3d undervolted as well before doing this, so unsure if that played a role in the end. I’m running 16gb 3600, b550 pro ac, 650W power supply, 240hz 1080p monitor.