Change default browser on admin managed pc.

idiocracy

I have a work pc, where some parts of the pc is managed by the county IT department. They have set the default browser as chrome. I use firefox, and therefore wants it as the default browser. But this setting resets on every boot/login. So i'm thinking that maybe running a batch script through scheduler could fix this for me. But i am not entirely sure how to do this.

Also, they have some default icons on the desktop that repopulates on every login. Some of which are not relevant for my work. I want them to stay deleted. Any suggestions on that one?

Thanks in advanced.

Nope....Just nope.

Don't.

My company does something similar, forces MS Edge as default browser and auto-populates some desktop shortcuts via GPO.

If they found a user that has scripted a way around the company presets, the user better do the old "duck and cover".

If the company is relatively small, you can, as @BetteBalterZensays, try to ask them to modify the GPO so it doesn't affect your computer.

But if it's a somewhat large company, I think you're pretty much S.O.L.

Of they aren't going to care one bit about me scripting my way around it.

Nope....Just nope.

33 minutes ago, idiocracy said:

Of they aren't going to care one bit about me scripting my way around it.

Any system tools will be under admin control. If your work would require constant access to those tools, you could request local admin rights. But other than doing it through official channels, we don't allow discussion on this subject. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv