Low Latency Wireless Casting

parinjoy

My setup involves 2 X Dell Inspirons and 1 X TPLink WR841N . I am trying to extend the display of one of the Laptops using the screen of the second laptop. Neither unfortunately have ethernet port. My only option is to go wireless. On the First laptop I am using Ctrl+K to cast, Ctrl + P to extend; On the second laptop I am using Windows connect app. They are nicely paired up. But then I face the issue of a very high latency. While dragging a window acorss the screen, there is huge distortion on the extended display. Disabling Bluetooth helps a bit. But what I am searching for is a peer to peer connection for seamless casting. Using AdHoc wireless networks might have been an option, but since it is stuck with WEP security, Windows decided they might as well hide that from the avergae user. I want a low latency solution preferably by excluding the man in the middle (my TPLink router) while still having decent security over the casted content.

All you can do, is set the casting to Game Mode.

But in the end, you are limited to the Miracast standard which hasn't been updated in ages (or Intel WiDi, if you are lucky. Also never been updated since ages. But is a bit better).