Pc restarting randomly while gaming

FeelsTurtleMan

Hi there, I recently built my first PC around 2 weeks ago and it has been restarting randomly while gaming. 

Specs: 
  • Thermaltake 700w toughpower 
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC
  • Corsair H100i 240mm AIO RGB
  • Corsair 32GB RGB Ram (4x8GB) 
  • MSI MPG B550 Motherboard 
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 
  • M.2 1TB Nvme Storage 

Might want to check your RAM's SKU / part # against the QVL list for your board. I've had a new build giving me fits for four months only to find out the RAM I used wasn't cleared by the board manufacturer. The same DIMMs failed in a test bed build while the board was being RMA'd. I think if this wasn't a thing before, it's becoming a thing.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Built a computer for a friend last week with a aerus x570 motherboard and amd ryzen 5 5600x and she came across similar problems.
I found this post :

Pretty much outlines the exact problem i had using exact same hardware but i image this is across different motherboards. As An0maly_76 said, check your RAM as that is almost definitely your problem. Try messing around with RAM settings after you find if it is supported. Either enabling XMP if its not already enabled, or disabling it/ clocking lower to see if that helps. 

And while you at it, please check if your ram is on a_2 and b_2

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, An0maly_76 said:

Might want to check your RAM's SKU / part # against the QVL list for your board. I've had a new build giving me fits for four months only to find out the RAM I used wasn't cleared by the board manufacturer. The same DIMMs failed in a test bed build while the board was being RMA'd. I think if this wasn't a thing before, it's becoming a thing.

Thank you! I checked them and they weren’t compatible. Brought new set of ram and no crashes. 

3 hours ago, FeelsTurtleMan said:

Thank you! I checked them and they weren’t compatible. Brought new set of ram and no crashes. 

Hmmm... Well, how 'bout THAT?...

I've had quite a few people tell me that QVL doesn't mean anything... 🤨

BTW, OP, you're welcome... 😀

You have no idea how much aggravation I've been through because of this sort of thing. Random POST failures, partially disassembled twelve times in four months chasing the problem before RMAi'ng the board, only to have the RAM turn up faulty in the interim, which is when I found out it wasn't QVL'd for either the Asus TUF B550-PLUS or the ASRock B450M-HDV they were on.

Just put my 5900X back together with QVL listed RAM and no crashes so far. Same with the 3600X on ASRock B450M. Now I turn my sights to my old 1700 rig that has the same Ballistix kit (also not a QVL item). Each DIMM is showing a different speed. It's run like that for about two years, but getting it up and running was like pulling teeth, and it's been nothing short of neurotic since. I honestly thought it was the board, but I suspect its MSI B450M Bazooka may be exonerated with a QVL kit of RAM. However, I stand by my statement that their support people are rude, and buffoons to boot.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!