new build problems

Eating_dirt_Lol

I just built my first pc and there seems to be a problem with the display. I think it is a problem with the  graphics card but I am not sure I don't know all that much. Also if I move the mouse the static on the monitor moves as well. If you could help please let me know what the problem is

IMG20220810175125__01.jpg

Have you tested with a different monitor

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Did you install latest NVidia drivers (and fully remove AMD ones if there were any previously) ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Have you tested with a different monitor

I just did and still the same problem

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Did you install latest NVidia drivers (and fully remove AMD ones if there were any previously) ?

never got teh chance it's been like this since I first powered it on

3 minutes ago, Eating_dirt_Lol said:

never got teh chance it's been like this since I first powered it on

is there any chance that you have a different monitor with a different cable so you can try a different port on the gpu? I have had issues with a gpu like this and it ended up being the port only so your gpu could be fine

Just now, yonter25 said:

is there any chance that you have a different monitor with a different cable so you can try a different port on the gpu? I have had issues with a gpu like this and it ended up being the port only so youre gpu could be fine

I already tried and it didn't work

Does your motherboard have another PCIe slot that would fit the graphics card?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Does your motherboard have another PCIe slot that would fit the graphics card?

It does but I already tried changing it the the other one

12 hours ago, Eating_dirt_Lol said:

It does but I already tried changing it the the other one

Since the graphics card does this in either slot, and doesn't matter what monitor or video port you're using, I'd say it's a defective graphics card

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Since the graphics card does this is either a lot, and doesn't matter what monitor or video port you're using, I'd say it's a defective graphics card

So I should try replacing it

14 minutes ago, Eating_dirt_Lol said:

So I should try replacing it

Since you just built this PC, have it returned (assuming it's new). Where did you buy the GPU from?

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Since you just built this PC, have it returned (assuming it's new). Where did you buy the GPU from?

Amazon

55 minutes ago, Eating_dirt_Lol said:

Amazon

Their return policy should very well allow you to return this. Alternatively, EVGA has a really good warranty service and should accept an RMA for this no problem, you just have to register it by serial number on their website.

Primary PC: