Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NvMe data bursting

PB2888

Hi,ive got a serious problem and Im wondering if anyone has found out what causes it

So what happens is if I copy from my boot drive which is NvME so a external drive or even on the network it might copy at say 10MB/s for say 10-20 seconds,THEN drop down to nothing or say 100kb/s and then go back upto 10MB/s

and Ive tryed playing with wite buffer cache,windows reinstalls between win 10 and win 11 and no matter what I do its the same fuckin thing but when I had a tower and had a NvME drive and SSD in that i literally had no problem at all

Btw I know my current network speeds are extremly slow considering im on WiFi 6 for both my netbook and laptop

What are you using for testing?

If it's just files, the small file tend to do that. You should try to copy one large file, to test the speed, or use a benchmark.

Ive done all that,i forgot to mention ive been makin and fixin computers for over 20 years and Ive never ever seen the problem until the last few months when I got my netbook and then laptop,its like when the old HDDs done the same thing when the controller never had a driver but all this shit is up to date