Genshin Impact

Anyone ever played this game? What does the endgame look like? Let’s say I finished the story content, what can I do from that point onward? What is the multiplayer like? How often do they release new content and story missions?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... Well, not sure how to explain this but...

The game is still ongoing. As of now, the game version is 2.8, and it is going to be version 3.0 soon with new area to explore.

Technically, there's no ending to the game as of yet. The story will be release by stages.

To simplify, it's an MMORPG (like Ragnarok), but in single-player mode most of the time.

Let's break the game a bit. The game consist of many sections:

Quests:

Usually accompany by lots of goodies.

- Story mode (or Archon Quest, as the game call them). This is the main storyline of the game, where you as the traveller on your quest to search for your other twin and help the world of Teyvat and its archon to solve some life threatening issues and unravel the secrets and lores of the game. These stories can be play once. As of writing, this game only covers 3 chapters, more will be added.

- Quest mode (or you can treat it as side quest). After finishing a chapter of the story, some of them will pop up. They range from mostly ask you to explore an area and uncover its secret.

- Daily quest (a total of 4 quests per day). These quests are randomly generated. You'll receive some goodies if you complete any of them. If you complete all of them, go to the Adventurer's Guild to claim additional reward

- Random quest (rarely appear, but sometimes can appear out of the blue), just random quest.

- Special Timed Event: Sometimes Mihoyo throws a grand event for you to participate. The event range from new time-limited story, puzzles or battles.

Grinding:

Yes, this game needs lots of grinding.

- Overworld: Lots of enemies can be encountered. You don't gain much experience fighting them, so you don't actually have to fight enemies you encountered randomly while exploring

- Domains: Lots of domains. You defeat a set of monsters in the given time. Once you defeated all of them, you exchange your resins to collect your bounty. So you can only have limited times of claiming the rewards.

- Spyral Abyss: Most of the action take place over here. This is where you test your skills and how well you utilised the characters over here. I don't do this much, so I'm not familiar

- There are a few giant monster you can fight. Just remember you need resin to collect the rewards.

Exploring:

My favourite part of the game.

- Lots of places for you to explore. We're talking about big exploration area, like Witcher 3. Currently, we have 3 major area and 1 minor area to explore.

- Loads and loads of treasure chests. Most of the treasure chests don't give you much, but they do give 1 item that is very valuable: Primogems. They can just lying around for you to collect, hidden so well where you won't easily spot them, guarded by monster, or need to solve a puzzle to unlock it.

- Loads of things to gather. From a simple sweet flower and mint, to trees of different region, and even some precious ore and metal. Collect these materials as much as possible for cooking and building your own paradise.

Cooking:

Although not to the level like Cooking Mama or any cooking related game.

- Once you got your ingredient, stand close to a lit cauldron or stove to cook meals. Just press the button when the meter reach the targeted area.

- Quite many recipes to be obtained throughout the world. Some requires you to complete quests, while some only available on special timed event.

Your haven

You can have a place to call your own, but you might need to complete some Archon Quests. Once you unlock your 'Serenitea Pot', you can enter it and build your place (much like Animal Crossing or the Sim)

- Gather woods and rocks to build stuff. You have a huge area to place all the stuff you build, both at the outside of your house and inside of your house.

Co-op

Co-op mode (or multiplayer mode) is where you can play with your friends or other people from the Internet. There are a few ways to play. A maximum of 4 players (including you) can be play at any given time.

- Open world: You can explore your friend's world, or have your friend explore your world. Have some quest that is too difficult to complete on your own? Invite them and let them help you with your quest (provided that the quest support co-op)

- Domain: Fight alongside with your friend to defeat enemy in the domain. You all will get full reward (just remember to have adequate resin)

- Serenitea Pot: Show off your creativity and how good you can build your virtual world to others, or visit their Serenitea Pot to maybe get some inspiration.

Ooo, mind, I may have lists too much. But yeah, I mean, generally, it's an MMORPG but mostly single player, A Witcher or Breath of the Wild game where you explore the world, go into dungeons, complete story quests, and you can play the game however you like because rather than focus on grinding, you can take it easy and go at your own pace. Sorry about the long comment. But in short:

On 8/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, wasab said:

Anyone ever played this game?

Me, and quite many players around the world.

What does the endgame look like?

The game is still ongoing. There are no endings as of yet.

Let’s say I finished the story content, what can I do from that point onward?

A lot. See above.

What is the multiplayer like?

No PvP unfortunately, but it's all Co-op.

How often do they release new content and story missions?

Every 6 weeks to 2 months, depending on global pandemic.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Oh, I haven't talk about the playable characters that you can acquire through their wish system yet. They're mostly like Gatcha game. Since Primogems are free, you can literally get them for free***

*** Well, of course you need to grind for Primogems.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Posted (edited)

i tried it for a week. i can totally play this like a pseudo breath of the wild for years to come. 

not on mobile however. i will only play it on pc with a controller. 

Edited by wasab

Sudo make me a sandwich