DSP effects for Windows?

orangecat

So I have been using Foobar 2K for some time now and i love it and I love the DSP feature of the program but it kinda sucks that it only works for Foobar 2K. i am currently using Resampler, EQ, Crossover and Advanced limiter in my DSP settings and I have a sound that i really like mostly because of the crossover plugin but i wish i could have something like this for all of my applications.

Here is how i have my crossover configured...

The red line is the band that my subs (big floorstanding speakers) play and the yellow is what my desktop speakers play (See fig.1).

Basically what its doing is outputting a stereo signal to two separate outputs and adding a lowpass and a highpass to each separate output basically giving me a 2.1 setup and it sounds very good but the problem is this ONLY works with foobar 2K.

If anyone knows of any program that can basically do something like this or can give Windows DSP effect support that would be great.

Figure 1

post-858-0-22832500-1398519412.png

Incase you are interested in this plugin here is a link...

http://xover.sourceforge.net/

I know a better one. Get Matlab and make your own DSP :D .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I know a better one. Get Matlab and make your own DSP :D .

I don't know how to do that and i don't feel like learning anything.

id install equalizerAPO its a sound card api that allows you to write audio programs with that api. im using a 10 band eq that works well.

this needs some setup so i will walk you though it

1. download the equalizerAPO API installer from my mega-drive   https://mega.co.nz/#!qRQzXCyS!CzcEdRIQB3ej7r48N9mLuEvuUmryCN2PvXaNKC1dIcI

2. install the program

3. once installed install the new driver onto your main audio card

4. restart your pc

5. download the config.zip file from my mega-drive   https://mega.co.nz/#!iQABEAZY!czYJN5zETYAvjUYI_YLJTMRTp1Ax8NzSZOndaRtMqso

6. extract the two files in the zip to "C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config"

7. open eq_config_x64.exe

8. now you can set the equalizer and preamp.

hope this is helpfull

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

I don't know how to do that and i don't feel like learning anything.

I wish I had the code for FFT and its visualization still lying around on the HDD. But I can't find it :(

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!