Very bad overshoot when enabling Gsync in my Acer XB273U GX.

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

Unfortunately it seems like you only have 2 options. Either play with G-Sync OFF or keep your game settings so that you can have at the very least 120FPS+ but prefferably close to at least 200FPS+ if you have G-Sync enabled otherwise the overshoot will be noticeable since the single Overdrive mode with G-Sync is not consistent across the entire refresh range, so if your FPS drops when using G-Sync it's the same as using low refresh rate in which case the overshoot is too much.

Hey guys maybe you can help me with this.

I have an Acer XB273U GX and I love it but I have this issue where at the moment I enable Gsync the overshoot becomes very aggressive.

It is not as bad as setting overdrive to Extreme but it is much worse than when it is set to normal.

Have you noticed this issue with a similar monitor? Do you know how can I fix this or what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately it seems like you only have 2 options. Either play with G-Sync OFF or keep your game settings so that you can have at the very least 120FPS+ but prefferably close to at least 200FPS+ if you have G-Sync enabled otherwise the overshoot will be noticeable since the single Overdrive mode with G-Sync is not consistent across the entire refresh range, so if your FPS drops when using G-Sync it's the same as using low refresh rate in which case the overshoot is too much.

Thanks so much man. I will try to tweak games so I can get 120 fps minimum. This all makes perfect sense since the game where I was noticing it the most was in RDR2 where frame rate is hovering between 70 - 80 fps.