first build by a nood, would love some help !

doublaA

Budget (including currency): my budget is around 1700 usd, how ever, since pc part are extremely overpriced here in Israel, according to pcbuilder this build should cost around 1000(sucks i know)... so i guess 1050 is the budget.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: some light coding, mostly gaming, at the moment its going to be elden rings/rdd2 and some dota

Other details:

hi guys, so ive been needing an upgrade for quite a while now, my pc is 6 years old.

so i have  a few questions a bout the build (at the bottom of the post is the list with the prices at my country) . im very new to pc build so i dont really know what im doing.

now i know there is a new generation comming out, and that there are alot of price drops due to the mining gpu's that are being sold right now however, i have a vacation over the next 3 months and i really want to play now so i cant really wait, and the price drops have not (and i really dont think they will) reach israel... i dont inted to do any OC.

1. of course, if there are any bad/ non compatible parts/ way better alternatives/ something you recommend to spend more on, i would love to hear that.
  2.  psu, this is the part i least understand, is the one ive chose good? how important is it that it would be gold certified? should i up for an 750W psu for future upgrades or is it not needed?
  3. gpu, now ive had really bad experience with my rx480, so ive been trying to avoid amd's gpu, but these are my options:
    1. inno3d rtx3060 twin x2 (560$)
    2. gigbyte gaming oc 3xfans rtx 3060 (630$)
    3. PowerColor rx6650 (590$)
      1. now my questions here, are whether the 90$ difference to get a gigabyte gpu is worth it? couldt find alot of reveiws on inno3d.
      2. ive read that the rx6650 is a better gpu, is the difference significant?
  4. monitor, im not quite sure how well this build will handle 2k, i like to play games on high settings and i tend to lose my mind if i get fps drops.. so i m not quite sure between these 3 monitors, really wnated to try out 2k gaming but if it means that i wont be able to play games on good quality with high performance in 2 years then i dont think its worth it.
    1. g24f (240$)
    2. g27f(250$)
    3. Viewsonic vx2758 2k 144hz (325$)
  5. cpu is spending 75$ to getting a i5 12600 over and i5 12400 worth it?
  6. case  I have a dog who sheds a lot , ive been offer these two cases that should filter out most of the hair, are they really valid options for my problome? any other alternative i should look for?
    1. coolermaster k500 argb (100$)
    2. corsiar 4000d airflow (100$)

alright i think thats about it, i really appreciate any help i can get, i know these are alot of questions.

here is the full build that i currently lean on to:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6FN7pH

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($219)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler (38$)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($143)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($102)
Storage: Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3100TNTD 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (125$)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 1 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (53$)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card (630$)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox K500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (93$)
Power Supply: Corsair TX650M Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (100$)
Monitor: Gigabyte ‎G24F 23.8" 1920x1080 170 Hz Monitor  (240$)
Total: 1750$

thank you!!!!

Well, it's difficult to help you because you certainly only have access to some parts, but

- The case is super expensive for a meh case,  can't you get anything inthe $100 range ?

- Same for the PSU, a 650W PSU usually costs less than $100

- If you can get one, rather buy a MSI B660M Pro-A than a Gigabyte DS3H board

Or maybe you should look at prebuilts (from SI, no OEM crap) you may find okay one for better prices, or even have one shipped, if I look at Amazon US they can ship me US prebuilt costing base $1000 to France for $300 (incl VAT), which is much less overcost than yours, so I suppose it could cost around the same if you get an EU prebuit maybe ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

16 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Well, it's difficult to help you because you certainly only have access to some parts, but

- The case is super expensive for a meh case,  can't you get anything inthe $100 range ?

- Same for the PSU, a 650W PSU usually costs less than $100

- If you can get one, rather buy a MSI B660M Pro-A than a Gigabyte DS3H board

Or maybe you should look at prebuilts (from SI, no OEM crap) you may find okay one for better prices, or even have one shipped, if I look at Amazon US they can ship me US prebuilt costing base $1000 to France for $300 (incl VAT), which is much less overcost than yours, so I suppose it could cost around the same if you get an EU prebuit maybe ?

hi, i will check out the prices of shippong a pre built from EU, its actully a good idea.

ive updated the bottom part list with the prices here at israel.

for the psu and the case, they are actully both around 100$ here, dont know why there are so expansive on pcpartpicker.

other then that, how does the build over all look? do you think it will handle 2k?

for the motherboard, i can get it, its just 120 dollar more..

4 minutes ago, doublaA said:

hi, i will check out the prices of shippong a pre built from EU, its actully a good idea.

ive updated the bottom part list with the prices here at israel.

for the psu and the case, they are actully both around 100$ here, dont know why there are so expansive on pcpartpicker.

other then that, how does the build over all look? do you think it will handle 2k?

It's an okay midrange built but a 3060 isn't meant for 4K especially in RDR2 or such ! Even my 3080 often tops around  80FPS on ultra settings at ultrawide 1440p to give you an idea...

With your budget you can maybe squeeze  a 6700XT or 3060Ti and go for a good 1440p experience, but not 4K...

Otoh the 12400F is okay, you wont gain much with a 12600 or above at 1440p

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Using il.pcpartpicker would probably be easier although prices are crazy high due to shipping

https://il.pcpartpicker.com/list/vnQvqm

The parts are what id recommend, just if you can get them local since 200 usd for the p300 mesh is basically a scam.

There was also (no)? Listing for psus so youf have to go local as well there.

1. There are some things I would change, most specifically the mobo

2.the psu you've chosen is decent, corsair makes pretty good psus so if you can find it at a reasonable price that would be a good deal. Gold rating dosent really matter much since it's easy now to be 80+ gold certified. If you can find a 750 for +10 dollars then I'd go for it.

3.the inno3d has a plastic shroud which imo dosent look good and dosent help with thermals either. Powercolor is a good brand for amd gpus so I'd probably go with that one.

Yes the 6650xt is pretty significantly better than a 3060.

4.the 6650xt is a pretty decent card at 2k gaming, it might not just be the highest fps in triple A games. Gigabytes lineup of monitors tend to be on the cheaper side, not in terms of quality,  but 240 usd is more on the side of 2k ~ 120 fps so it's a bit overpriced.

5. No it's not worth it. The 12600 non k and the 12400 are basically the same cpu.

6.the 4000d airflow has does a pretty decent job at having filtered intakes so it would probably be fine on that point

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

Using il.pcpartpicker would probably be easier although prices are crazy high due to shipping

https://il.pcpartpicker.com/list/vnQvqm

The parts are what id recommend, just if you can get them local since 200 usd for the p300 mesh is basically a scam.

There was also (no)? Listing for psus so youf have to go local as well there.

1. There are some things I would change, most specifically the mobo

2.the psu you've chosen is decent, corsair makes pretty good psus so if you can find it at a reasonable price that would be a good deal. Gold rating dosent really matter much since it's easy now to be 80+ gold certified. If you can find a 750 for +10 dollars then I'd go for it.

3.the inno3d has a plastic shroud which imo dosent look good and dosent help with thermals either. Powercolor is a good brand for amd gpus so I'd probably go with that one.

Yes the 6650xt is pretty significantly better than a 3060.

4.the 6650xt is a pretty decent card at 2k gaming, it might not just be the highest fps in triple A games. Gigabytes lineup of monitors tend to be on the cheaper side, not in terms of quality,  but 240 usd is more on the side of 2k ~ 120 fps so it's a bit overpriced.

5. No it's not worth it. The 12600 non k and the 12400 are basically the same cpu.

6.the 4000d airflow has does a pretty decent job at having filtered intakes so it would probably be fine on that point

yeah its not only the shipping, you have to pay 25% tax on anythting thats above 75$, so at the best it will save me around 60 usd on the gpu and i guess that its better to jsut play the extra to get the local shop insurance and services.

1.why would you change the mobo? i see it reccomanded on every mid range build on a local forum here in israel.. perhpas iots just a good deal at 140 usd? the one you recoomanded would cost me 75$ more, is it that different?

2. these are the ones ive found, tell me if any one of them is a better option:

1. CoolerMaster MWE 750W 230V-V2 80+ Bronze (84$)
  2. ANTEC PSU 750W Atom G750 (95$)

3. Corsair 750W CV750 PSU 80+ Bronze (100$)

4. Corsair PSU 750W TX750M 80+ Gold Modular (132$)

3. other then the fact that it looks way worse(inno3d over gigabyte), performance wise is there any major difference (that is worth spending 70$ more)? it seems really weird to me that a better card would cost less (the 6650 is 50$ less) , i guess its just that people tend to go more for nividia over amd?

4. over all it seems that at my price range, id be better off at fhd right? doenst seem like id be able to run a AAA game at good quility Qhd with solid fps..

the monitor you reccomanded would cost 100$ more then the g24f... everything is super over priced here lol it sucks...

5. thank you

6. i know that the 4000d only comes with two fans, should i add another 1/2? what about the other case? do you know it at all? (talking about the coolermaster k500, couldnt find the P300A here...)

again, thank you

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

It's an okay midrange built but a 3060 isn't meant for 4K especially in RDR2 or such ! Even my 3080 often tops around  80FPS on ultra settings at ultrawide 1440p to give you an idea...

With your budget you can maybe squeeze  a 6700XT or 3060Ti and go for a good 1440p experience, but not 4K...

Otoh the 12400F is okay, you wont gain much with a 12600 or above at 1440p

i see. thank you!!

26 minutes ago, doublaA said:

1.why would you change the mobo? i see it reccomanded on every mid range build on a local forum here in israel.

1. It's a pretty low end board unfortunately. I would recommend the board I suggested but it's not directly needed. 

2. I've never heard of the antec one, the cv750 from corsair is c tier, the TX750 from corsair is a tier, and lastly the coolermaster is b tier. You'd most likely be fine with the coolermaster choice and the one I'd probably go for.  The tx750 would obviously be the best choice the price difference is too much for the perfromance you'll see.

3. Nvidia cards always tend to be on the worse side of cost to perfromance. They do have some nice features but most of the time they have an amd equivalent which is just as good. 

4. Running 1440p on a 6650xt on triple a games would definitely be a task, but on everything else it would probably be fine. From my guess I'd expect a solid 60 fps at high quality 1440p and ~110 fps 1080p high quality. You can disregard my suggestion for a monitor since it was mostly a placeholder. 

6. You would probably be fine with the included fans, but buying p12s to fill in would probably be cheap and you'd see a slight perfromance increase temps wise. I've personally never heard of the k500, you might be able to find a review on YouTube.