MC server help needed

Go to solution Solved by MrMase,
6 minutes ago, crabberu said:

im getting the server download as a winRAR file not as a java file what do i need to do?

Checked the link provided it is a .jar file so most likely just your computers default assignments. As you will be using Java to launch the file step 9 has you covered.

You can verify this by in Windows Explorer selecting the View tab and checking the File name extensions box.

someone who can "dummyfy" how to start a MC server on my PC and is it possible to play on it at the same time from the same machine?

First of all you will need Java.

You can download the Minecraft server file from Mojang's Minecraft webpage.

It's a jar file "Minecraft_server.jar" (or something like that).

1. Make a dedicated folder for it on the desktop because it will create a bunch of files.

2. The first time, you need to open it and leave it for 10 seconds. It will make some files.

3. Now, you need to open EULA, write yes instead of no and then, start minecraft_server.jar again.

Share the server to play with friends:

If you have a domain name, link that domain to your server IP address. If not, you need to connect using your computers IP (inside your network) or your routers IP (outside your network).
What is my computer IP? Windows button + r --> cmd --> enter --> ipconfig --> enter --> IPv4 address (something like 192.168......)

If you want to open the server "outside" your home, you will need to reach to your router and open ports.

Edit: Basically MrMase link will help you out!!

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

6 minutes ago, crabberu said:

im getting the server download as a winRAR file not as a java file what do i need to do?

Checked the link provided it is a .jar file so most likely just your computers default assignments. As you will be using Java to launch the file step 9 has you covered.

You can verify this by in Windows Explorer selecting the View tab and checking the File name extensions box.

3 minutes ago, MrMase said:

got it fixed