Stuck on post ez debug light, sometimes cpu light

The boot light stays on, the system cannot detect any usb device. Its stuck on the screen that asks the user to press F2 to continue, but i cannot do that since no usb devices work.

Weirdly this screen does not come up when i reinstall the i3, all usb ports work. The i5 8500 came from a working system, so am pretty sure it works, I no longer have access to that system so i cannot test.

Sometimes it powers on but stays on the cpu debug light, I have given it max of about 10 mins before i restart and clear cmos. It will then slowly cycle thru the ez debug lights then stop at boot, with no usb devices working. It also seems sometimes when cycles to the post light it insta restarts then gets stuck on the cpu light.

I have tried 2 different ram sticks, repasting the processor, updating the bios that failed, becase m flash cannot see the files even when they have been extracted to the root folder, and i have tried clearing cmos. Non of which worked.

Motherboard - MSI h310m pro-vh plus
Psu - corsair cx500
Ram #1 - Adata ad4u266638g19-8
Ram #2 - Corsair vengeance cmk8gx4m1a2666c16
Bios version - E7C13IMS
Boot drive - samsung 850 evo

Well the good news is that Motherboard supports that Processor however, you may need to do a bios update.It looks like you have Version 13 of the BIOS installed and they added support for that particular CPU in Version 10. Version 17 is the latest version, I have linked to Version 10 and Version 17 below. So you might want to give those a try (using the i3 installed in the board at the time), If the BIOS update does not work I woudl verify the Pins are all in good order. However, its entirely possible that the i5 is just Shot or is overheating super quickly due to any number of reasons.

https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7C13v17.zip

Information Source: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-PRO-VH-PLUS/support#cpu

On 7/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, littleneutrino said:

Well the good news is that Motherboard supports that Processor however, you may need to do a bios update.It looks like you have Version 13 of the BIOS installed and they added support for that particular CPU in Version 10. Version 17 is the latest version, I have linked to Version 10 and Version 17 below. So you might want to give those a try (using the i3 installed in the board at the time), If the BIOS update does not work I woudl verify the Pins are all in good order. However, its entirely possible that the i5 is just Shot or is overheating super quickly due to any number of reasons.

https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7C13v17.zip

Information Source: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-PRO-VH-PLUS/support#cpu

Cpu pins look alright, nothing bent or broken. Ive tried flashing v17 but m flash cannot see any of the flash files. Tried v15 and that worked but still have the same issue. It doesnt go past the post light..

Ive left the i5 running for about 2 hours, fresh thermal paste and all, think its dead, but let me try v10 see how it goes.

36 minutes ago, LaNiz said:

Cpu pins look alright, nothing bent or broken. Ive tried flashing v17 but m flash cannot see any of the flash files. Tried v15 and that worked but still have the same issue. It doesnt go past the post light..

Ive left the i5 running for about 2 hours, fresh thermal paste and all, think its dead, but let me try v10 see how it goes.

Dead cpus in my experience dont even display, could this be the exception?

V10 also does the same