Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stock Cooler

DeadDabster
 Share

Hi,

I still have the stock cooler as my CPU cooler. Its been almost a year still I brought my PC.

I had no cooling issues, except from time to time the cooler RPM gradually increases and then decreases.

On my PC there's only one fan which is a exhaust, I wanted to get a cooler but I'm not sure whether to get a CPU cooler or cooling fans.

 

My Build:

  • CPU - Intel i5-10400F
  • Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix B460-H gaming motherboard
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (8*2) 3200Mhz
  • GPU - MSI Ventus XS GTX1650 4GB DDR6
  • Case - Corsair 110R
  • Storage - Lexar NM100 250GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD
  • PSU - Corsair CV450 80+ Bronze
  • Display - Samsung 24-inch
  • Keyboard and Mouse - Logitech MK220 Wireless Combo

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your not having any issues than why are you thinking about buying a new cooler? Have you run a stress test to see what the temps are?

Due to my inability to think before I type, I frequently edit my posts. Please refresh before responding!

Tag me @drdrewnatic or quote me so I can see your response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-9700K GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 OC MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) RAM: 2X8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200 CL16 SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB HDD: SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA G3 650W COOLER: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01101100 01110100 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, drdrewnatic said:

stress test

I've run some tests before, any recommended apps for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Nalina Artigala said:

I've run some tests before, any recommended apps for that?

Cinebench shows you the more real world example for what you'd expect doing intense stuff but if you want to see how far your cooler can go then there's nothing better than Prime95.

 

HWiNFO64 for monitoring temps.

Due to my inability to think before I type, I frequently edit my posts. Please refresh before responding!

Tag me @drdrewnatic or quote me so I can see your response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-9700K GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 OC MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) RAM: 2X8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200 CL16 SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB HDD: SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA G3 650W COOLER: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01101100 01110100 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Hi,

I still have the stock cooler as my CPU cooler. Its been almost a year still I brought my PC.

I had no cooling issues, except from time to time the cooler RPM gradually increases and then decreases.

On my PC there's only one fan which is a exhaust, I wanted to get a cooler but I'm not sure whether to get a CPU cooler or cooling fans.

 

My Build:

  • CPU - Intel i5-10400F
  • Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix B460-H gaming motherboard
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (8*2) 3200Mhz
  • GPU - MSI Ventus XS GTX1650 4GB DDR6
  • Case - Corsair 110R
  • Storage - Lexar NM100 250GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD
  • PSU - Corsair CV450 80+ Bronze
  • Display - Samsung 24-inch
  • Keyboard and Mouse - Logitech MK220 Wireless Combo

 

 

Fans ramping up and down is normal. Dust out your PC if you're noticing it fan up more often. Otherwise, a decent inexpensive air cooler with a big fan like the legendary Cooler Master 212 Evo will make for a virtually silent CPU cooler.

5 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

I've run some tests before, any recommended apps for that?

Prime95. There are probably better and more advanced ones, but this still works a treat.

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.51 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC | 24GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD Green 1.5TB | ASUS Xonar DG | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5  | ASUS ProArt PA238QR

Intel Core™ i7-7600U | Seagate 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 850 G4

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 15.5) | iPhone XR (iOS 15.5) |  iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, drdrewnatic said:

Cinebench shows you the more real world example for what you'd expect doing intense stuff but if you want to see how far your cooler can go then there's nothing better than Prime95.

 

HWiNFO64 for monitoring temps.

I've run the multi-core test and the pts is lower than before it dropped from 7110 to 5761

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nalina Artigala said:

I've run the multi-core test and the pts is lower than before it dropped from 7110 to 5761

Ok, and the temps?

 

Like another person said, when was the last time you cleaned out your PC? If you buy some compressed air and blow out all the dust, that could make a difference.

Due to my inability to think before I type, I frequently edit my posts. Please refresh before responding!

Tag me @drdrewnatic or quote me so I can see your response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-9700K GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 OC MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) RAM: 2X8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200 CL16 SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB HDD: SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA G3 650W COOLER: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01101100 01110100 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, drdrewnatic said:

temps?

Between 82-92

 

22 hours ago, drdrewnatic said:

last time you cleaned out your PC?

5th or 6th this month

 

Sorry For the late reply @drdrewnatic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×