CPU upgrade

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
39 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

would going slightly overbudget and buying a Ryzen 7 5800X be a good idea?

I mean, the 5800X/5700X (again, same chip, get whichever is cheapest) is a good chip and everything, it's just not usually a chip that makes a ton of sense. If you actually need the extra cores found on it, you would be better off saving a bit more and going 5900X or 12700F (both much faster CPUs that don't cost that much more) or if you don't, you'd be better off investing the money you saved into a better GPU, say a 1070 or RX 6600 XT. 

I am currently running a system with a Ryzen 5 3500G, a 5500XT graphics card and 16 gb of ram. I was planning to upgraded my cpu since it might be limiting my pc when it comes to games like apex legends and things like rendering videos in blender. I currently have a budget of $400 for the upgrade. With the budget that I have, what cpu would be the best option?

1 minute ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I am currently running a system with a Ryzen 5 3500G, a 5500XT graphics card and 16 gb of ram. I was planning to upgraded my cpu since it might be limiting my pc when it comes to games like apex legends and things like rendering videos in blender. I currently have a budget of $400 for the upgrade. With the budget that I have, what cpu would be the best option?

what mobo do u have?

Just now, rotexen said:

what mobo do u have?

I currently have a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max updated to the latest bios.

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

With your current board and everything, the 5600/5600X would be the best option. The performance of those two chips is basically identical, just get which ever one is cheaper, and if they're the same price, err on the side of the 5600X. 

18 minutes ago, rotexen said:

go for the Ryzen 5 5600x

19 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

ofc its better but upgrade the gpu also

39 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I mean, the 5800X/5700X (again, same chip, get whichever is cheapest) is a good chip and everything, it's just not usually a chip that makes a ton of sense. If you actually need the extra cores found on it, you would be better off saving a bit more and going 5900X or 12700F (both much faster CPUs that don't cost that much more) or if you don't, you'd be better off investing the money you saved into a better GPU, say a 1070 or RX 6600 XT.