New XPS 13

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptop-computers-2-in-1-pcs/new-xps-13/spd/xps-13-9315-laptop/cn93410cc

What is the performance like compared to other laptops from popular brands. And it is worh the price?

The use of the laptop will be for programming under heavy workloads most notably mobile website development and general office work.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

Performance should be plenty for that. Keep in Mind, the U-series has 2 strong Cores with 4 Threads, and 8 E-Cores that only boost Multicore.

Anyway, great Display (very bright, 16:10), good Build quality etc. It's competitive i think.

However, in my Opinion, it's a competitor against the M1 macbook Air. That one won't be slower, has longer batterylife, better Ram Management and will never make a noise.

It's worth considering here.

You might have to specify "heavy Workload", but i guess even the U-series 12th Gen will be plenty.

16 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Performance should be plenty for that. Keep in Mind, the U-series has 2 strong Cores with 4 Threads, and 8 E-Cores that only boost Multicore.

Anyway, great Display (very bright, 16:10), good Build quality etc. It's competitive i think.

However, in my Opinion, it's a competitor against the M1 macbook Air. That one won't be slower, has longer batterylife, better Ram Management and will never make a noise.

It's worth considering here.

You might have to specify "heavy Workload", but i guess even the U-series 12th Gen will be plenty.

So in regards to heavy workload, I take computer science which means that I will be using a VS code to run 10s of thousands of lines of code on a virtual web server to test the development.

What is the i7 1260p like in comparison to the i5 1230u?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

That 1260P has 4 strong cores instead 2, and higher TDP Rating. Means, it is allowed to draw more Power and will be able to hit higher Clock speeds, and hold them for longer.

Still, the 1230u has 2 strong cores with Hyperthreading, and 8 E-Cores, that should have high burst Single Core speed and decent multicore.

I highly doubt, any modern Laptop should be too small for web browsing / Web development. But maybe a few Tests are needed for that.