Acer Universal Remote Control - Help!

CatMilk

Someone in work lost the remote control for a TV running Teams sessions so the IT manager ordered a universal remote control. Its arrived with with absoutly no information on how to pair it to any device. It was literally just the remote in the box and nothing else, no manual!

Searching online and on the Acer website has been a horrendous fail. Its product code doesn't seem to locate any manual either on Google searches or on the Acer website. I tried to register on the Acer forums but because im a new user it won't let me make a post, so i tried to contact Acer support directly and i can't proceed because this device doesn't have the required serial number to even start a chat with Acer support.

Does anyone know how these work? Attached 2 photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

This remote is for a smart projector from a few minutes of research.

Here's the manual. https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_2.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637751319514230297

Im not sure how "universal" this remote is. But that's all the information I could find you. My apologies.

Thanks mate, i had a good scan through that and it doesn''t look like that remote is an actual "Universal" remote control. He's going to be so happy when i tell him 🤣