home cloud server storage something something server please

Guys please i just want to transfer my files that are on my wifiless pc to my family phones through our wifi router 

what do you recommend and how do i do it

If your router has a USB port, and it supports file share hosting, you can just plug a drive into that and have a very basic network file share.

If you want redundancy, cloud storage, etc. then you need a real server. Something like a two-bay Synology with a matched pair of drives is a good start.

Just remember, RAID is not a backup! You should still have copies of your important documents on another format and preferably in a secure remote location. (For example, M-Disc archival quality DVDs or Blu-Rays in a safe deposit box at your bank.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

-> Moved to Servers and NAS

You have several options. One is to connect PC with ethernet and have shared network folders. Though since its to phones, using Google Drive, OneDrive or similar would be much simpler. Or do it as @Needfuldoer

Suggested with external drive connected to router.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I bought myself a Synology Diskstation, I already used my FritzBox Router as a NAS before, but the best solution for me, was my DS 218 for redundancy, external access and a lot of other features. I would recommend this solution to everyone.