Windows default keyboard layout....AGAIN!!

SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

it's not the games doing the keyboard thing, it's windows 10's (and presumably by extension win11) HORRID regional settings system.

in short, you want to make sure the settings in your profile are cleaned up, then somewherebin regional settings there's some advanced advanced option where you'll find the option to copy settings to the logon screen and defaults for new user accounts.

if you have a multi user system, make sure every profile is cleaned up to identical settings, or it'll fuck up again. it's always fixable, just also very fiddly.

running en_us windows with a belgian keyboard has been an adventure...

So here's the thing.  Had to reinstall Windows 11 the other day so I did. If anyone remembers my rant about Valve games (and a few other apps and games) CONSTANTLY adding a US keyboard layout to my UK computer you'll know you CAN fix this..each and everytime..by just deleting a couple of registry keys.  OK, all good (but not really).  So while installing Windows 11 (i'm guessing this shite happens in 10 too before you cry foul over the 11 install as the steam installing US layout still happened in 10 too) anyway, When installing windblows 11 I chose to install the Single Language edition.  (i'm not expecting a solution to this by the way it's just more something people need to look out for).  I chose UK region and UK layout.  Didn't EVER install US layout myself and it was fine until...one of those programs came up again and it added an advertiser friendly US layout to my PC..AGAIN..But here's the thing.  Deleting the reg key no longer work to fix it.  furthermore, it DEFAULTS to US layout and, doesn't delete the UK layout, but gets stuck on thinking it's set to UK but is actually set to US.  It's just a pain in the advertiser friendly at this point.  I'm not sure what to do about it

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

it's not the games doing the keyboard thing, it's windows 10's (and presumably by extension win11) HORRID regional settings system.

in short, you want to make sure the settings in your profile are cleaned up, then somewherebin regional settings there's some advanced advanced option where you'll find the option to copy settings to the logon screen and defaults for new user accounts.

if you have a multi user system, make sure every profile is cleaned up to identical settings, or it'll fuck up again. it's always fixable, just also very fiddly.

56 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Ok thank you.  I'll pop back and mark it if it fixes the problem.  I found the advanced settings

Screenshot 2022-06-17 084856.png

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!