New build not turning on. Need help please

Bryce9498
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
30 minutes ago, Bryce9498 said:

I got it to power on. There is an error light under the VGA label on the motherboard? Is that video signal?

Means it sees something it doesn't like in the GPU path. Hence the reason I suggested making sure it is seated properly. Also make sure contacts are clean. Even a speck or two of dust can be a problem.

Just built my new PC. I cannot get it to turn on. No signs of power. I looked up F panel layout and I believe I have it plugged in correctly. Any ideas on why it wont turn on. I am completely lost. 

Specs:

Corsair 4000D airflow

Gigabyte B660 Gaming X AX DDR4

Corsair Modular 1000w power supply

Intel i7 12700k 

64GB Ram (4x 16GB)

Any error lights on motherboard?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Any error lights on motherboard?

No lights at all showing

Check PSU rear rocker switch, all connectors to be sure they are seated, also check GPU and DIMMS to be sure they are seated properly.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Check PSU rear rocker switch, all connectors to be sure they are seated, also check GPU and DIMMS to be sure they are seated properly.

I have Motherboard connector and CPU plugged in properly. I tried unplugging and replugging to double check. PSU rear rocker is flipped in on position. I was thinking possibly f-panel not plugged in properly but referencing the manual, it appears i have it plugged it right. I am at a loss

May want to double check / reseat the cables at the PSU also.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, Bryce9498 said:

I have Motherboard connector and CPU plugged in properly. I tried unplugging and replugging to double check. PSU rear rocker is flipped in on position. I was thinking possibly f-panel not plugged in properly but referencing the manual, it appears i have it plugged it right. I am at a loss

You said you checked the CPU, did you make sure your GPU is seated properly?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

9 minutes ago, Bryce9498 said:

Can you take pictures so we can see if you have indeed plugged things in correctly?

11 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

You said you checked the CPU, did you make sure your GPU is seated properly?

I got it to power on. There is an error light under the VGA label on the motherboard? Is that video signal?

12 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

Can you take pictures so we can see if you have indeed plugged things in correctly?

I got it to power on. Am able to get into boot manager. It doesn't seem to recognize my m.2 ssd. Samsung 970 Evo. It was from my old PC and had windows already installed on it. 

Was it GPT partitioned?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

30 minutes ago, Bryce9498 said:

Means it sees something it doesn't like in the GPU path. Hence the reason I suggested making sure it is seated properly. Also make sure contacts are clean. Even a speck or two of dust can be a problem.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

43 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Was it GPT partitioned?

try getting a mobo speaker for the beep codes should be cheap.. or just borrow if you can.  unless your mobo has some led for error code indicator not need for speaker... 

Clean the GPU socket and contact pins.  

SSD not being recognized could just be partition issue (it being formatted in MBR) 

Since power supply is modular could be unsupportive cable if you are not using the cable that came with the box and using different ones than supported.  this is an issue apparently. 

47 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I managed to get it fixed. Thank you for the help. I am now having an issue where my Samsun Evo 970 is not being recognized as a bootable drive. This M.2 NVME SSD was used as my windows boot drive in my previous computer just fine. Not sure why the new one wont recognize it. Any ideas? 

GPT partitions cannot be used as a boot drive. If GPT, you need to delete the GPT partition, then create and format as an MBR partition. Also, if board supports more than one M.2 slot, the closest to the CPU may be the only bootable.

I have also seen where running two M.2s on the same board will sometimes make Windows put the boot record on the second drive, making the boot drive unusable without the second. Because... No other reason that Microsoft wants to say ""**** you".... And they're idiots.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

GPT partitions cannot be used as a boot drive. If GPT, you need to delete the GPT partition, then create and format as an MBR partition. Also, if board supports more than one M.2 slot, the closest to the CPU may be the only bootable.

I have also seen where running two M.2s on the same board will sometimes make Windows put the boot record on the second drive, making the boot drive unusable without the second. Because... No other reason that Microsoft wants to say ""**** you".... And they're idiots.

What is a GPT Parition? Will formatting to MBR Partition cause data loss? How do I check to see if my drive is formatted GPT or MBR?

8 hours ago, Bryce9498 said:

What is a GPT Parition? Will formatting to MBR Partition cause data loss? How do I check to see if my drive is formatted GPT or MBR?

Sounds like you got it solved, but Y, formatting wipes out the data. But deleting the partition and creating a new on does as well. So by all means, back up anything important first.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!