Help with data migration

Hello there everyone I'm new to the linustechtips forum and I'm having some issues pertaining to upgrading/changing my girlfrinds c drive. Her current drive is a SanDisk 240 gb sata ssd (which is basically filled to the brim) and she is changing to a samsung 980 pro 2tb. We are trying to use the samsung data migration software and upon starting the transfer a text document pops up just saying "wmic shadowstorage get maxspace > "c"" when closing the pop up the software closes and restarts. I have no idea what this means and either a way to transfer data without samsung data migration or some way to fix this pop up would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if format of my text looks bad I'm on mobile. 

Are you trying to do an exact boot clone of the original drive, or simply copy her data files?

If the former, I would just do a fresh install on the new drive and then proceed to the next line.

If the latter, I would just copy everything under the Documents and Downloads folders to the new drive.

Trying to clone a boot sector is risky business. It usually works, but when it doesn't...

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:40 PM, An0maly_76 said:

Are you trying to do an exact boot clone of the original drive, or simply copy her data files?

If the former, I would just do a fresh install on the new drive and then proceed to the next line.

If the latter, I would just copy everything under the Documents and Downloads folders to the new drive.

Trying to clone a boot sector is risky business. It usually works, but when it doesn't...

Just updating you on the status. After a week of thinking up options windows 11 had a major update and we attempted samsung data migration and it worked flawlessly. I'm just writing it off at needing a windows update to work. And yes we made a exact copy of her original drive.