Pc noob needs help

I have 0 idea what makes a good PC.. I'm not at all tech savy and I need ya'lls help please.. Is the attached PC good for basic video editing? And is it good value for its price? For reference 200kd is 600usd.. thanks in advance 1668629175_Screenshot_20220528-031553_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0c25637f703f6580dd0a8089fcec2e89.jpg

I've seen better deals, but most of them are on the used market. If you priced those parts out new, you'd end up with basically what they've built for the price they're asking, and odds are you'd get a Windows license for free. I'd be a bit concerned about that PSU, usually if it's something good they'll tell you it's something good, but as long as it isn't something that's a fire hazard it should be fine to power those components, they're not really that hard to drive. 

Also the storage configuration is kinda bad, 256GB is not enough for a machine that does anything more than browse Facebook. That said, adding in an extra HDD isn't that difficult, so it is an option. 

Look into the company to make sure they're legit and do good work, but this is not a bad system specs wise for the price. There are some things I might do differently if it were me speccing it out, but if you don't feel comfortable building a PC this should be fine (given the company isn't terrible). 

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I've seen better deals, but most of them are on the used market. If you priced those parts out new, you'd end up with basically what they've built for the price they're asking, and odds are you'd get a Windows license for free. I'd be a bit concerned about that PSU, usually if it's something good they'll tell you it's something good, but as long as it isn't something that's a fire hazard it should be fine to power those components, they're not really that hard to drive. 

Also the storage configuration is kinda bad, 256GB is not enough for a machine that does anything more than browse Facebook. That said, adding in an extra HDD isn't that difficult, so it is an option. 

Look into the company to make sure they're legit and do good work, but this is not a bad system specs wise for the price. There are some things I might do differently if it were me speccing it out, but if you don't feel comfortable building a PC this should be fine (given the company isn't terrible). 

Thank you for the reply.. I really appreciate it.. Im planning to use it as a office PC.. for basic video editing and to view game videos (we are a youth sports organisation) maybe a few movie.. will it do the trick? Or should I find something else? There is another PC im considering but its about twice the price of the one above.. please see attached.. which do you recommend?2067640396_Screenshot_20220528-035646_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f296ef46b0896645e9ea88d7a19d1582.jpg

1 hour ago, BuTalal said:

Thank you for the reply.. I really appreciate it.. Im planning to use it as a office PC.. for basic video editing and to view game videos (we are a youth sports organisation) maybe a few movie.. will it do the trick? Or should I find something else? There is another PC im considering but its about twice the price of the one above.. please see attached.. which do you recommend?2067640396_Screenshot_20220528-035646_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f296ef46b0896645e9ea88d7a19d1582.jpg

The CPU in that one is a lot faster, and the GPU is a bit faster too, plus they actually list the PSU so you know what you're getting (it's not great, but at least you know how not great it is).

That said, for what you're trying to do, the first one should be fine. Honestly. you can probably get by with something a bit less than that. Save you're money and go with the cheaper unit. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The CPU in that one is a lot faster, and the GPU is a bit faster too, plus they actually list the PSU so you know what you're getting (it's not great, but at least you know how not great it is).

That said, for what you're trying to do, the first one should be fine. Honestly. you can probably get by with something a bit less than that. Save you're money and go with the cheaper unit. 

Thanks.. Much appreciated 

6 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

How is the 3050 a "bit faster" than a 1650?

8 hours ago, BuTalal said:

I have 0 idea what makes a good PC.. I'm not at all tech savy and I need ya'lls help please.. Is the attached PC good for basic video editing? And is it good value for its price? For reference 200kd is 600usd.. thanks in advance 1668629175_Screenshot_20220528-031553_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0c25637f703f6580dd0a8089fcec2e89.jpg

Is KD the Kuwaiti Dinar?

If it is, 199kd is £515, which is reasonable for what's on offer.

You are getting a 6c 12t CPU, 16gb of RAM, but it is a low end GPU...though it will be adequate if you are looking to play stuff like Fortnite, Valorant etc...at 1080p 

Yes, your storage is limited but you can buy an external hard drive cheaply and as an entry to pc gaming I've seen worse bundles for the price.

The only caveat would be it doesn't look like it has the greatest air flow.