PC shutting off randomly

Go to solution Solved by DragonorV2,

Ok guys i think the traitor is power section on mobo because as i turned down some settings about voltage (almost evrything is set to manual and lowered by 0.2v) and frequency of cpu and it hasn't shut off yet it has been on for about 2 hours 

Hi guys i have problem with my pc recently it started shutting off on it's own, and i can not find any reason for this behavior i had checked if maybe power supply was bad but it should be enough it is 600W and just bronze (it's budget machine), but the rest of the computer is not really power hungry.

Also i think it could be bad MB because it does not report any sensors correctly, f.e cpu temp are going like 31,32,33 31,32,32 etc. etc. and all fans report speeds like 0rpm or 16000rpm.

Please help mi with this i'm loosing my mind because i need computer for my school .

I study IT and i need PC for virtualization but with brokey one like this i can not do any task without pain.

Sorry if my English is bad i'm still learning 

Specs:

FX-6300

R9 380x

8GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram

1 SSD 120GB

2HDD 320GB and 500GB

3 minutes ago, DragonorV2 said:

had checked if maybe power supply was bad but it should be enough it is 600W and just bronze

that doesn't mean it isn't failing.

4 minutes ago, DragonorV2 said:

Also i think it could be bad MB because it does not report any sensors correctly

what software are you using to check? try hwinfo if you haven't yet.

Hmm... I lean more towards the motherboard. Do these shutdowns occur randomly or under load?

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that doesn't mean it isn't failing.

what software are you using to check? try hwinfo if you haven't yet.

I tried all sensors report incorectly 

4 minutes ago, ExalyThor said:

Hmm... I lean more towards the motherboard. Do these shutdowns occur randomly or under load?

Shutdowns occur randomly 

2 minutes ago, DragonorV2 said:

I tried all sensors report incorectly 

any bios updates available that may correct the issue? could just be the mobo failing as well, as you suggested, but i would check for updates.

edit: any access to another psu to test with? and how old is the thermal paste? could be overheating since you can't see the temps.

Just now, DragonorV2 said:

Shutdowns occur randomly 

Then it's most likely the motherboard. PSU related shutdowns usually occur under load, and unless the unit is faulty, only when you try to pull more power than the spec.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

any bios updates available that may correct the issue? could just be the mobo failing as well, as you suggested, but i would check for updates.

edit: any access to another psu to test with? and how old is the thermal paste? could be overheating since you can't see the temps.

Paste was changed about 2 months ago 

I tried newest bios stil didn't help

I have another power supply but it is currently used

Just now, DragonorV2 said:

Paste was changed about 2 months ago 

I tried newest bios stil didn't help

I have another power supply but it is currently used

i would try to test with it if you can, if the problem persists, mobo seems likely.

2 minutes ago, ExalyThor said:

Then it's most likely the motherboard. PSU related shutdowns usually occur under load, and unless the unit is faulty, only when you try to pull more power than the spec.

I know that the psu should be good but i will check it after the one i my Brother PC will be avaible it is 700w

12 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i would try to test with it if you can, if the problem persists, mobo seems likely.

I will test it when i will have the posibility and post it here 

So 15 minutes was enough i put the other powerful psu and after 15 minuts of Just being turned on PC shut off on its own.

So according to what you said the mobo is almost dead and is crapping out

Ok guys i think the traitor is power section on mobo because as i turned down some settings about voltage (almost evrything is set to manual and lowered by 0.2v) and frequency of cpu and it hasn't shut off yet it has been on for about 2 hours