Kingston SNVS500 Issues.

To start; a disclaimer.

This is really messy.

This SSD was extracted from a prebuilt to be used in another machine.

It had the OS installed on it, and I didn't really think much more of it when removing it; I'll just go into Diskpart and clean it out.

The SSD occasionally shows up in BIOS after a cold boot.

It does not appear in Diskpart at all.

Disk management sees it but upon rescanning it disappears.

Windows will only sometimes see it as a volume.

And in saying all this, the drive is effectively inaccessible.

I have tried formatting, changing drive letters, attempting to set new volumes which simply does not work!

The OS recognizes the storage volume but cannot do anything with it, and half the time just reads as 0 Bytes.

I am unaware of any special drivers that are needed, I've attempted trickery in BIOS to get it to show up consistently, but nothing.

Any advice?

can you look at it in a Linux Live environment? i had my boot drive die recently and what at least helped was getting Linux up and seeing if it worked there. its a dead drive now but i could Read when windows refused to do so. it might work for you. 

Edit: For your linux live environment do not use Linux Mint. it will not read any windows drives for some reason. use something like Ubuntu or Manjaro.

1 minute ago, BionicSeaSerpent said:

can you look at it in a Linux Live environment? i had my boot drive die recently and what at least helped was getting Linux up and seeing if it worked there. its a dead drive now but i could Read when windows refused to do so. it might work for you. 

I had the feeling windows is stopping me because of insufficient permissions or something...

I'll try that.

Just now, GamersAreMyPeople said:

I had the feeling windows is stopping me because of insufficient permissions or something...

I'll try that.

windows can be a bit screwy with all sorts of things in general. i don't understand myself how its done but it happens.