GTA5 Crashes

skootsmctoots

Hey everyone, I have a problem that has been ongoing for over a month now.  When ever I play GTA5 it will crash to the desktop.  It was working fine for 28 hours of game play. Now every time I play it, crash.  I have contacted Rockstar support on this.  They had me do all of the troubleshooting steps. I had verified all was up to date on my pc, drivers, software, ect... It was.  I have monitored my temps, got a new cpu cooler, tested ram multiple times, stressed CPU and GPU.  All hardware test passed.  I got the game through steam, so I have to launch it that way.  I just don't know where to go from here.  I am in the process of doing another fresh install of win 10 pro.  After the problems started, I did a fresh install of Win 11 and the same issues happened.  I am going back to win 10 as I just like it a little more.  Any suggestions would be great, I thought it was a ram issue, but now I am not sure. I do have a copy of a launcher log file and the msinfo from before I wiped the entire pc last night if that helps. 

Thanks,

11 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

GTA got updated today with fixes for crashes, maybe try updating it?

I did have an update last night before I tested it out. Is there another one today also?

9 minutes ago, skootsmctoots said:

I did have an update last night before I tested it out. Is there another one today also?

No I think that's the one I was talking about. Have you tried running DDU? Make sure to disconnect the internet until you have new drivers installed

13 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

No I think that's the one I was talking about. Have you tried running DDU? Make sure to disconnect the internet until you have new drivers installed

I have done that. On my old install and the new install.  I am starting fresh tonight again and seeing what happens.

20 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Well, I did that last night. But by the time I got the game downloaded it was to late to play it.  I will test tonight I guess.  Will let you know.