How do MSI Afterburner profiles work?

I'm trying to undervolt my RTX 3070Ti, following all the common guides and such, but Afterburner is just giving me issues. I have created a profile with a V/F curve that gives me a solid undervolt and is perfectly stable, but only when I load and apply the profile while the card is hot. If I load and apply the exact same profile, while the card is cold, the curve is completely different and when I start a game, I'm getting crashes within a couple minutes because the frequency is unstable. Here are the two curves, red is loaded and applied when GPU is hot, blue when it's cold:
image.png.9c050328c53b04fc1932c50f2608817e.png

Is there any setting to make Afterburner stop doing this? I don't want to have to start a game first, then alt-tab and apply my profile. If I load a saved profile, I expect to get the same result every time. Is this a bug in Afterburner, or in the NVidia driver? Intended behavior? 

Maybe disgard the curve and set a fixed OC

CPU: i7 4790K OC 4.7GHz @1.275V

MOBO: ASUS Z87-PLUS
RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 8Gx2 1600MHz OC 2133MHz (11-12-12-32)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER

4 minutes ago, IdealPC said:

Maybe disgard the curve and set a fixed OC

How do I undervolt with a fixed OC? I'm not trying to gain performance, I just want to run my GPU with less power.

5 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

How do I undervolt with a fixed OC? I'm not trying to gain performance, I just want to run my GPU with less power.

The best way to run your GPU with less power is to buy a GPU with lower TDP, if you use afterbunner, it means you want OC. But now you want to run GPU with less power, maybe the software is meaningless for you.

CPU: i7 4790K OC 4.7GHz @1.275V

MOBO: ASUS Z87-PLUS
RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 8Gx2 1600MHz OC 2133MHz (11-12-12-32)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER