What Z690 motherboard to pick with i7 12700k

I don't know know which mobos are good now, i don't plan to overclock in the near future. so idk, what if i go b660? is that ok?

If you don't plan on overclocking, go for a B660 and a 12700 instead. The performance is within 2% ~unoverclocked and will save you $50 on the CPU and $50-100 on the motherboard.

The MSI B660M-A Pro with the 12700 is a good idea, though knowing your specific IO needs would help make a better system.

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you don't plan on overclocking, go for a B660 and a 12700 instead. The performance is within 2% ~unoverclocked and will save you $50 on the CPU and $50-100 on the motherboard.

The MSI B660M-A Pro with the 12700 is a good idea, though knowing your specific IO needs would help make a better system.

Hi thanks for your advice! the main thing i am concerned is can i stream on twitch and what config do i go for it... 

Just now, Gamerboy1996 said:

Hi thanks for your advice! the main thing i am concerned is can i stream on twitch and what config do i go for it... 

The 12700 and the B660M-A Pro is a good option. The only concern that I have with that board is the amount of USB ports on the rear (it has 6 type A ports), though I'm a bit of a USB hog (7 is the minimum I can have on a board) and you can always get a USB hub if you need more ports.

I personally recommend a ASUS TUF Z690-Plus WIFI D4, that's the board that I use with my 12600K.

Either way, as RONOTHAN## mentioned, if you don't plan on overclocking, a B660 and a non-k CPU is much better suited to your needs

CPU : Intel i5-12600K

Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz CL16 (2x8GB)

AIO : Corsair H100i 240MM

GPU : Asus TUF RTX3070

Case : ThermalTake Core P3

Keyboard : D60 HHKB with Jwick Ultimate Black switches, G81-3000SAV PBT keycaps

Mouse : Logitech G Pro Wireless

Audio : Edifier R1280DBs | Sennheiser HD598

22 minutes ago, matt4realz said:

I personally recommend a ASUS TUF Z690-Plus WIFI D4, that's the board that I use with my 12600K.

Either way, as RONOTHAN## mentioned, if you don't plan on overclocking, a B660 and a non-k CPU is much better suited to your needs

thanks😊