12900k + custom loop. High 80s / 90s immediately in cinebench. Help?!

Srius1

Recently fired up my pc after putting it all together and it’s spiking to 90s immediately while running cinebench. Is something wrong?! Help. 

asus z690 prime board.

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Would help knowing what components you have in the loop.

That said, these temps don't really surprise me, the 12900K is an inferno of a CPU.

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Would help knowing what components you have in the loop.

That said, these temps don't really surprise me, the 12900K is an inferno of a CPU.

Specs are in my signature now, I just updated. Also I am on default bios settings so I think asus is going crazy with the voltage. What’s a good voltage and speed to use?

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

1 minute ago, Srius1 said:

Specs are in my signature now, I just updated. Also I am on default bios settings so I think asus is going crazy with the voltage. What’s a good voltage and speed to use?

a -20mV offset should be pretty stable, depending on how good your CPU is you might be able to do much more. Leave core clock settings on auto. 

Howuch radiator space do you have? 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Howuch radiator space do you have? 

1 360mm

1 360mm

That's quite a bit low for 2 of the hottest running components you can buy. If you can fit another 360 in there that's probably a good idea.

That said, only thing you can really do to improve temps is undervolt and maybe swap the thermal paste with something better if its some no-name stuff.

yeah, each of those wants /at least/ a 240 each.  

You need more rad space.

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's quite a bit low for 2 of the hottest running components you can buy. If you can fit another 360 in there that's probably a good idea.

That said, only thing you can really do to improve temps is undervolt and maybe swap the thermal paste with something better if its some no-name stuff.

I’m using good paste. I am going to try a 1.36 volt and see if it’s stable. It crashed on 1.32

I’m using good paste. I am going to try a 1.36 volt and see if it’s stable. It crashed on 1.32

Hmm now it’s only going to 4.9 hz. How can I change this?

Great…playing wz and it keeps freezing mid game…wtf