Thermaltake PETG question

Bartmole

Will any 16 mm hardline fitting for the 16 mm Thermaltake PETG work or do you have to use Thermaltake fittings, I read somewhere you do but that doesn't seem right, thankyou

38 minutes ago, Bartmole said:

Will any 16 mm hardline fitting for the 16 mm Thermaltake PETG work or do you have to use Thermaltake fittings, I read somewhere you do but that doesn't seem right, thankyou

16mm is 16mm.  It’s possible thermaltake is lying about their fittings actually being 16mm.  It’s the only way I could see that happening.  They might be counting ID instead of OD in which case they’re going to be radically small or large depending on which way they shifted it.   Computer companies are well known for screwing with established standards like that.  RGB was a full on dive for stupidity.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have the thermaltake 16mm petg in my machine and not a single thermaltake fitting.  I have been running bitspower and xspc fittings and they work perfectly fine.

Good to know, right now I have some Barrow 16 mm fittings and hoped to be able to use them, thanks.