Corsair Commander pro not detected in ICUE - Can't install LED upgrade

BigZombieMonkey

Hi all, today I got my new iCue Elite LCD upgrade kit and in the instructions it says to make sure that the commander pro is updated before installing it, however my commander pro has never shown in iCue software. I have uninstalled the software, cleared the registry etc and reinstalled it but still, nothing. I ran a program USB Deview and the Commander Pro shows as being there:

4CqAjSm.png

I have tried everything to get it to show but it does not. This is where I am at my wits end. I installed my new LCD upgrade to see if it would work and low and behold I got an exclamation point on the lcd screen which according to the following link means a general error:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418659064077-What-do-these-error-icons-on-my-iCUE-ELITE-CPU-Cooler-LCD-Display-mean-

I checked the 20 pin connector and that was fine, I checked the LCD cap and again it was seated just fine and then it says:

"If you have another PC, connect the Commander CORE to that PC and use iCUE to force update the Commander CORE firmware to the latest version."

The issue is I don't have another PC and it would take me all day to strip down my PC just to do this which is frustrating when I already have everything else working just fine. 

So my issue is the commander pro doesn't show, I have changed it's usb header and this didn't change anything. The most frustrating thing is my Elite Capellix and all the fans running through the commander pro work just fine. 

I don't seem able to get my LCD screen to work without updating the Commander Pro and the commander pro just will not show up, I am desperate for help at this point!

• 3 months later...

Did you have any luck with this at all? I believe i have the same issue unfortunately..