Cant Do 144hz

perplex
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

The monitor only supports 1440P@60Hz on HDMI. That's your problem.

Hey, i have 2 Acer Predator XB271HU

one connected with a display port and the other with a HDMI

Displayport one works fine

HDMI i cant get above 60

i have a 970 Asus Strix

Nvidia control Panel only has 60hz for HDMI one

Settings>System>Advance Display Settings>Display adapter Properties>monitor - can only do 59 hz

this is the cable i have - https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0827V8XYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this is the displayport one that works fine - https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B088H46Q3Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

put the HDMI in the other display and same thing. is it a bad HDMI? does it need to be G-Sync Cable? or can my 970 not do 144hz with HDMI?

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

The monitor only supports 1440P@60Hz on HDMI. That's your problem.

oh my... should have though about that....

is there a work around with DVI to Display?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, perplex said:

oh my... should have though about that....

is there a work around with DVI to Display?

Thanks!

DVI IIRC tops out at 1080p 144Hz, so no, it wouldn't work. The HDMI port on the 970 should be able to do 1440P 144Hz, so if anything its worth trying to get an HDMI to DP adapter. It still might not work though, and honestly with a 970, you're probably looking at a GPU upgrade in the near future anyway, so you might as well just deal with it till you do.

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

DVI IIRC tops out at 1080p 144Hz, so no, it wouldn't work. The HDMI port on the 970 should be able to do 1440P 144Hz, so if anything its worth trying to get an HDMI to DP adapter. It still might not work though, and honestly with a 970, you're probably looking at a GPU upgrade in the near future anyway, so you might as well just deal with it till you do.

yea, i am planning to upgrade it, just got the monitors first. assuming most new GPUs will come with 3 displayports, or ill just have to look for that when buying

know of any adapters? had a quick search and super low refresh rates. otherwise ill just leave it at 60 for now untill the new GPU

2 minutes ago, perplex said:

assuming most new GPUs will come with 3 displayports

At least for the high end cards (where I mostly pay attention), yes (though some AMD cards come with 2 DP and a type C port instead)

3 minutes ago, perplex said:

know of any adapters? had a quick search and super low refresh rates. otherwise ill just leave it at 60 for now untill the new GPU

None off the top of my head, I'd basically be in the same boat as you Googling.