Best 2TB HDD

KGGaming

Looking for a new hdd as last one is nearly dead, best recommendations

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

What region are you in and what is your budget? In the US, 4TB or 6TB looks like the best bang-for-the-buck, as you get the best price per GB. Newegg has a good sale on the WD Blue 6TB for $90 today, for example.

It looks like both the WD Blue and Seagate Compute 2TB drives are around $50 right now, which isn't a bad price, just not as good of value.

Love my WD Blue, never had a problem with a WD Blue (had at least 3 laptop Blue drives windows f-ed one up but a secure erase and format fixed it) and the one I have in my rig now has yet to be anything but great. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

What region are you in and what is your budget? In the US, 4TB or 6TB looks like the best bang-for-the-buck, as you get the best price per GB. Newegg has a good sale on the WD Blue 6TB for $90 today, for example.

It looks like both the WD Blue and Seagate Compute 2TB drives are around $50 right now, which isn't a bad price, just not as good of value.

Im in the UK I was looking at the 

Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch – Amazon Exclusive - Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000DM008), Silver

But I was also going to primarily use this device as storage for a Linux Web Server I am making so was considering go for the 

Seagate IronWolf, 2TB, NAS, Internal Hard Drive, CMR, 3.5 Inch, SATA, 6GB/s, 5,900 RPM, 64MB Cache, for RAID Network Attached Storage, 3 year Rescue Services, FFP (ST2000VNZ04)

Instead

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series