Hi everyone,

I want to get the Intel i7 9700k, but it's sold out. But the i7 9700kf is still in stock. I have a gpu but does the integrated graphics help the CPU now in any way? Is it worth going for it?

The benefits of the iGPU are that it can be used for troubleshooting, can be used for encoding/decoding purposes in some applications to compliment the GPU, and Intel has a feature called QuickSync that some applications use for GPU acceleration by leveraging the iGPU. But for the average person, those things aren't very important, especially if you're just using the computer for gaming.

Is there any reason why you want to get a 9700KF specifically? The i5 12400(F) with a B660 board is typically cheaper than the 9700KF on its own and is faster for everything across the board.

I would VERY much advice against getting a 9700. It only has 8 cores and no hyperthreading. Which means it's already being maxed out in gaming and soon will experience the same fate as the pure 6 core cpu's with stuttering and hitching in games.

That and the new price of a 9700kf is the price of a 11400 + board and then some. Could even probably get a 12400 + b660 board and both options are faster and will last you a lot longer.

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

The benefits of the iGPU are that it can be used for troubleshooting, can be used for encoding/decoding purposes in some applications to compliment the GPU, and Intel has a feature called QuickSync that some applications use for GPU acceleration by leveraging the iGPU. But for the average person, those things aren't very important, especially if you're just using the computer for gaming.

Is there any reason why you want to get a 9700KF specifically? The i5 12400(F) with a B660 board is typically cheaper than the 9700KF on its own and is faster for everything across the board.

I've an old socket. If I upgrade I probably spend around 800 euro. Little to much with a new study coming up + a new laptop. But thanks for your tip. I will look into that.

9 minutes ago, ytty said:

I've an old socket. If I upgrade I probably spend around 800 euro. Little to much with a new study coming up + a new laptop. But thanks for your tip. I will look into that.

How? A 12400 + b660 board is at most 300$. A 11400 + b560 board can be as low as 220$. Both are cheaper than a 9700kf and better

On 3/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, jaslion said:

How? A 12400 + b660 board is at most 300$. A 11400 + b560 board can be as low as 220$. Both are cheaper than a 9700kf and better

thats true, i checked but i have rtx 3070, 2 ram sticks, big cooler and network card, case is atx. i dont see my stuff getting into that motherboard. im still searching but for now i see no cheap option for motherboard

Just now, ytty said:

thats true, i checked but i have rtx 3070, 2 ram sticks, big cooler and network card, case is atx. i dont see my stuff getting into that motherboard. im still searching but for now i see no cheap option for motherboard

Why not? Literally every single b660 board has those ports.

What are the places you can buy from. Give some links and I'll find the parts.

13 minutes ago, ytty said:

What brand and model RAM, CPU cooler, case and PSU?

What's your current motherboard?

8 minutes ago, ytty said:

k, thank you, https://azerty.nl/https://www.alternate.nl/https://www.megekko.nl/https://amazon.nl/. these are like the main shops.

Let's keep it more general. All the shops you've mentioned can be find there https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

10 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What brand and model RAM, CPU cooler, case and PSU?

What's your current motherboard?

Let's keep it more general. All the shops you've mentioned can be find there https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

ram corsair(2x8 ddr4) case sharkoon tg5 rgb, psu aorus ap750gm, motherboard aorus z390 elite cpu cooler, Scythe Ninja 5. thank you for the tweakers link, forgot that existed.

8 minutes ago, ytty said:

ram corsair(2x8 ddr4)

What exact model? It can be 2133C15 up to 4400C19.

9 minutes ago, ytty said:

motherboard aorus z390 elite

Because it's a 3 gen old motherboard the CPUs are EOL. You have to look for a used one for your MB. Maybe Marktplaats if you trust it.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

On megekko:

image.thumb.png.b7522678744d8ab8a121d60674e610ed.png

And contact sycthe for a lga 1700 adapter kit for the fuma 5.

thank you som much, i took a look and the motherboard here has only 2 fan ports, i got 6 fans, can it be fixed with like a fanhub?

16 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What exact model? It can be 2133C15 up to 4400C19.

Because it's a 3 gen old motherboard the CPUs are EOL. You have to look for a used one for your MB. Maybe Marktplaats if you trust it.

i couldnt find any of those numbers, i did get the exact type: CMK16GX4M2D3000C16/Corsair Vengeance LPX

11 minutes ago, ytty said:

thank you som much, i took a look and the motherboard here has only 2 fan ports, i got 6 fans, can it be fixed with like a fanhub?

Everything can be fixed with a fan hub. Even a fan hub

Just now, ytty said:

CMK16GX4M2D3000C16

3000C16. That's the slowest I recommand if you get a new 12th gen Intel CPU and motherboard.

12 minutes ago, ytty said:

Compared to your current motherboard, the Asus B660 is very basic. What's your current CPU and do you OC it?

6 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

3000C16. That's the slowest I recommand if you get a new 12th gen Intel CPU and motherboard.

Compared to your current motherboard, the Asus B660 is very basic. What's your current CPU and do you OC it?

its an i5-9400f, i cant oc of course. and yes thats one of the reasons i am still looking for a good motherboard, what is the biggest holdback on the asus?

13 minutes ago, ytty said:

what is the biggest holdback on the asus

Weak VRM. It gets really hot. It can handle a 12400F very well but if you want to upgrade to a 12700 in the future, the motherboard is holding back the CPU.

Don't know your budget but if it was me I'd get:

1736027828_Screenshot2022-03-20at12-09-53Megekko.nl-Winkelmand.thumb.png.5b7088d578705b4f52d92f1426cff288.png

1 hour ago, ytty said:

Yeah simple fanhub is the solution. Almost noo board even has 6 fan ports :p.

23 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Weak VRM. It gets really hot. It can handle a 12400F very well but if you want to upgrade to a 12700 in the future, the motherboard is holding back the CPU.

1736027828_Screenshot2022-03-20at12-09-53Megekko.nl-Winkelmand.thumb.png.5b7088d578705b4f52d92f1426cff288.png

It's fine with a 12700 it's been tested. Yeah not great but totally fine. If they can sping for it get the board you suggested. A 12400f is already better than a 9900k and they really don't need a 12700f.

27 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

what if i use the gigabyte motherboard with the i5? then i think i will be in budget, i also have study and i need to pay around 500 euro for laptop

24 minutes ago, ytty said:

what if i use the gigabyte motherboard with the i5? then i think i will be in budget, i also have study and i need to pay around 500 euro for laptop

It will be fine but you start with a budget CPU again so it needs an upgrade about a few years.

22 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

It will be fine but you start with a budget CPU again so it needs an upgrade about a few years.

that is okay, i choice intel, so. and saving 200 euros is alot if i go for laptop, thank you! is there something to note about the gigabyte motherboard, i see that the gigabyte has less ports, but i dont know if thats a big problem yet. thank you for your help