Marantz to Bang and Olufsen speaker cables.

Go to solution Solved by xanadu1977,

Looks like the B&O speakers are bi wired. Four wires to each speaker (if you only have 2 speakers not 2 with a sub). There could also be data lines from the cd player/preamp. Is it just that one white wire that goes to the back of one speaker and an RCA cable that goes to the other??? Hard to tell really I cant find a good photo or documentation except that this is an all in one unit which does not play nicely with other equipment. But... What the actual pin outs are who knows. You can always do trial and error at low power and soldier speaker wire onto the pins to make your own cable. Best though is to replace those speakers with proper 4-16 ohm speakers.

Hey everyone, I have asked for help once here before and you were super helpful, so im back. 

I recently purchased a Marantz M-CR612 Network CD Receiver (2019 Model). Its my wife's birthday in a few days and I wanted to surprise her with a new radio, upgrading from my old Bang and Olufsen cd player. My issue is that the speakers I have, the Bang & Olufson Beolab 8000 (I have 2 of them), have no cable or port that seems to be compatible with my new receiver. I have attached photos of the ports and cables if those will help. Below is also a photo of the IO on the back of the Marantz. 

Any info on how to connect the speakers and receiver together with a cable, or even a dongle of some sort, would be incredibly welcome. Thanks guys!

IMG-3005.jpg

IMG-3007.jpg

IMG-3008.jpg

Marantz IO.png

Looks like the B&O speakers are bi wired. Four wires to each speaker (if you only have 2 speakers not 2 with a sub). There could also be data lines from the cd player/preamp. Is it just that one white wire that goes to the back of one speaker and an RCA cable that goes to the other??? Hard to tell really I cant find a good photo or documentation except that this is an all in one unit which does not play nicely with other equipment. But... What the actual pin outs are who knows. You can always do trial and error at low power and soldier speaker wire onto the pins to make your own cable. Best though is to replace those speakers with proper 4-16 ohm speakers.

Bang & Olufson Beolab 8000 are active speakers, that means they have AMP built in.

You can't connect your Marantz to them.

5 hours ago, xanadu1977 said:

Alright man, thanks. That’s really disappointing, specially as I poured a lot  of money into those speakers thinking they would last a long time.