NEED SOME HELP

Ericcy12
Go to solution Solved by HeroRareheart,

Did you install the drivers for your motherboard?

I just finished building my new pc and when I plugged in the ethernet cable and it is not showing it in device manager or anywhere. Before I used the same ethernet cable and it was working perfect and now it is not showing on this pc. I tried using a wireless adapter but it made everything slow and whenever I play games I would always lag. Before I had 5 ping and 100+ download and upload now I am getting under 40 and it just randomly dips down1213640903_Screenshot(373).png.e7aad62093d42b00ca2afea0c2df7c3b.png

4 minutes ago, HeroRareheart said:

Did you install the drivers for your motherboard?

idk which driver to install I am using a asus prime Z590M-plus

10 minutes ago, Ericcy12 said:

idk which driver to install I am using a asus prime Z590M-plus

If you look under the "support" section on the official ASUS product page here and select the "Driver & Tools" tab then pick the apropriate OS from the dropdown, I presume Windows 10 64-bit, It'll display a list of compatible drivers, the one labeled as LAN is what you're looking for and it shows up as the first one for me.

All that said given the Windows update issue you posted about in this thread and that this is a new build I'd personally just assume windows is also borked and change the BIOS settings to support 11 then clean install 11. That'd probably fix your Windows update issue and get you on a newer OS, albeit it's an extreme solution.

Edited by HeroRareheart
Spelling and grammar corrections.