Ryzen 5 3600 max safe voltage

I tried to overclock my r5 3600 and the highest speed I got to that doesn't fail instantly primer95 or cinebench is at 4.1ghz  1.3375v, it fails prime 95 after like 30 minutes. I followed buildzoid's guides and also read about it on the internet and it seemed that arount 1.3375v was the safe everyday usage voltage to overclock my chip and I didn't get to far with that voltage. Also tried to run 4.2ghz at the same voltage and I could play games but cinebench and prime95 crashed like instantly. In both overclocks I get sporadic overclock related BSODS.

Some guy on this forum actually recommended me to go higher on the voltage, specifically to 1.45v. Now my question is: Should I give it a try at 1.45v considering that my motherboard works with voltage offsets and it doesnt have a static voltage or LLC setting?

The mobo is a B450 aorus elite which I bought because I saw it on the motherboard tierlist on this site and it was supposed to be able to max out my cpu.

Also the guy who recommended me to go 1.45v did it based on a der8auer video that tested long term degradation in overclocks using that voltage, showing little to no degradation over time. For me its kinda blurry what to think about the subject specially because that der8auer video was based on 5000 chips I believe.

edit: I tried pbo and auto oc as well with no measurable improvement in cinebench scores neither a noticeable speed increase 

1.45v is ok for a little bit, but I wouldn't run it like that all the time.

AMD R9 5900X @ Booost | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3800C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B12, TL-C12 Pro

For daily, you want to stay near the FIT voltage used while CPU is under load and OC around that.

PBO on and everything else auto. Run Prime95 128k FFT, in-place un-ticked and watch v-core (SVI2 TFN). That will be the fitness voltage for your chip. Some chips are under 1.3v some are over 1.3v. Every chip will differ because of the cooling, which has good impact on the boost algorithm.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:27 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

For daily, you want to stay near the FIT voltage used while CPU is under load and OC around that.

PBO on and everything else auto. Run Prime95 128k FFT, in-place un-ticked and watch v-core (SVI2 TFN). That will be the fitness voltage for your chip. Some chips are under 1.3v some are over 1.3v. Every chip will differ because of the cooling, which has good impact on the boost algorithm.

ok so to follow that example, lets say the FIT voltage is 1.3v for illustration purposes, what would be your next step after determining that? trying out a higher speed but not higher voltage?

41 minutes ago, void pointer said:

ok so to follow that example, lets say the FIT voltage is 1.3v for illustration purposes, what would be your next step after determining that? trying out a higher speed but not higher voltage?

There's lots of ways really to "Skew" the algorithm vs brute force overclocks.

Some people activate PBO and run a negative offset v-core to lower temps for a larger temp gradient, thus better boosting.

Increasing the EDC and PPT will help with higher core boosting while setting a higher +50mhz to +200mhz PBO setting. (PBO settings vary from make and model)

Or you can overclock via multiplier and manually set v-core. Which you could try and sustain say 4.4 to 4.6ghz all cores all the time around 1.3v

For a few examples.