Change Discord Status Using Python Web Requests?

snozking

it is possible to change user discord status using web requests right? when you change it, it sends multiple different requests so do i need to code those all in order? or just find the right one?

similar to this:

image.png.7ee062a2821d4af8f651cec273ac7a82.png

(ps. sorry for amongus)

You can, but I'm almost certain that's the wrong API endpoint for it. You'll probably also need a content type in your header, the proper name of the status variable, and you should probably use patch requests.

The easiest way to fix all these is to just take someone else's already existing code. Here's a program for custom statuses I found in 30 seconds on Google.
https://github.com/Oct0-xox/discord-status-changer/blob/main/main.py

It seems to update the status constantly like a ticker, which sounds like a great way to get rate limited, but just modify it to your purposes and you'll be good to go.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

28 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

You can, but I'm almost certain that's the wrong API endpoint for it. You'll probably also need a content type in your header, the proper name of the status variable, and you should probably use patch requests.

The easiest way to fix all these is to just take someone else's already existing code. Here's a program for custom statuses I found in 30 seconds on Google.
https://github.com/Oct0-xox/discord-status-changer/blob/main/main.py

It seems to update the status constantly like a ticker, which sounds like a great way to get rate limited, but just modify it to your purposes and you'll be good to go.

ey thanks, i tried to google this but google is stubborn and only shows similar results to past searches, i kept getting discord.py bot answers, not user answers.