Help with final decision on PSU

Maajii

This is my first PC/build. I’m still trying to understand how things work and my inexperience has hindered me here and there. The PSU is my last hurdle before finally making purchases. I bought the GPU already.

I do plan on upgrading to a 3080 or better in a couple years or when prices are normalized, so would a 850w be the smarter choice. I’m getting too many of get this, don’t get this in my research.

I have 200 CAN left in my budget for the PSU. Here’s my build if it helps. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/fmPhMb

This is what I was considering before thinking I should ask for help.

Seasonic focus PX-750w platinum

Seasonic focus GX-750 Gold

Corsair RMx series rm750x 80 plus gold

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Eugene28 said:

instead of focus, i would grab prime gx 850w and up

Seasonic Prime units are known to have issues with high end GPUs and transient loads, at least that was an issue about a year ago, not sure if that has been dealt with by now. 

27 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Seasonic Prime units are known to have issues with high end GPUs and transient loads, at least that was an issue about a year ago, not sure if that has been dealt with by now. 

It was pre rtx 3080/3090 series announce,  now its fine. 

Corsair RM/RM-x (no significant difference aside for the lack of in-cable caps on RM which is actually a good thing) or EVGA G6. Or Thermaltake GF1 if 15CAD difference is a big deal for you. There's also Antec HCG Gold for the same price, Seasonic Focus GX based, but eh, i'd rather take GF1 instead.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply