is it worth it

mayham776

Right now I have a WD Blue 1tb HHD sata is it worth it to go to a 1tb sata SSD?

Absolutely, you will have a much faster and more responsive system

Edit: you may want to get a smaller ssd (maybe 128gb) and use the ssd for windows and your current hard drive for games and file storage

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

5 minutes ago, mayham776 said:

Right now I have a WD Blue 1tb HHD sata is it worth it to go to a 1tb sata SSD?

I would get a 500gb ssd Thats what I have runs fine for me 1TB is a little too much if you willing to spend extra I would get a M.2 ssd It's way faster even if I have never had one

You want an NVME boot drive, and you can get by with 250GB or so.  That will make the biggest difference.  And yes, any 2.5 SATA SSD is leaps and bounds ahead of any HDD, even a 10k RPM Raptor.

2 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Absolutely, you will have a much faster and more responsive system

Edit: you may want to get a smaller ssd (maybe 128gb) and use the ssd for windows and your current hard drive for games and file storage

Why the smaller ssd tho because I need space for games

6 minutes ago, mayham776 said:

Why the smaller ssd tho because I need space for games

it was just an option to save money, but whatever size you get make sure that it is your boot drive

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

1tb sata ssd= great upgrade. Your OS will load faster and the same with your games.