Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

32 gb RAM Module?

Hey guys,

I currently have 64 gigs of memory (4x 3200mhz 16gb ripjaws) on a 4-slot gigabyte x570 mainboard and a ryzen 9 3900x. according to the specs, the mainboard and the cpu support up to 128 gigs of ram. So that means if I want to upgrade, I would need 4 32gb modules, right? Do you guys have any good recommendations on such 32 gb RAM modules?

Cheers

29 minutes ago, Kingtapir said:

I would need 4 32gb modules, right?

Yes, but why would you spend that much money when theyre 500$ a kit? Depending on your workload, the extra money you would be better off spending on a new 5900X for 50$ extra.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! | Be specific! Our answer effort is in proportion of your effort to write it! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

"Wow, you want me to say ara ara? Really?"

- Clock Girl

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️⚧️ Rights

1 hour ago, Kingtapir said:

I produce music and its not a cpu problem, i need ram to be able to run lots of instances of a sound library

Okay thats FAR more understandable. What DAW are you running though, in some case you gonna be better off with the mac version.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! | Be specific! Our answer effort is in proportion of your effort to write it! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

"Wow, you want me to say ara ara? Really?"

- Clock Girl

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️⚧️ Rights

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Okay thats FAR more understandable. What DAW are you running though, in some case you gonna be better off with the mac version.

ableton but i cant afford a mac anyways lmao