Folders don't have name and all of them are empty. Inside a folder there's another several no name and empty folders. I can't find my files the only way I can access my files is by using this USB driver application I think this software is also a virus because when I insert my flash drive the only file that shows up is a empty folder and USB driver application. I need some help on how to fix this.

1.png

2.png

3.png

if you have another usb drive I would start by trying the usb in a linux distro, if the "driver" has just hidden things in windows with a script you should still see the files on other systems (safest to do this from a linux os installed on a usb drive)

the other potential is the "driver" has split and hidden the files and rebuilds them when the program runs. Good for security, bad for everything else and you'll have to copy the files to another drive to prevent the program from splitting them.

hopefully you have a restore point from before you used the software so it can revert any changes made to the OS, if not you may be looking at an OS nuke and reinstall just to be safe. but that's the last thing I would try after uninstalling the driver with a program like Revo uninstaller, and getting the files moved somewhere safe.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

4 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

if you have another usb drive I would start by trying the usb in a linux distro, if the "driver" has just hidden things in windows with a script you should still see the files on other systems (safest to do this from a linux os installed on a usb drive)

the other potential is the "driver" has split and hidden the files and rebuilds them when the program runs. Good for security, bad for everything else and you'll have to copy the files to another drive to prevent the program from splitting them.

hopefully you have a restore point from before you used the software so it can revert any changes made to the OS, if not you may be looking at an OS nuke and reinstall just to be safe. but that's the last thing I would try after uninstalling the driver with a program like Revo uninstaller, and getting the files moved somewhere safe.

what I want to find out is how can I remove the virus from my computer

6 minutes ago, Gilbert Busilig said:

what I want to find out is how can I remove the virus from my computer

I would start with Revo uninstaller and have it uninstall the driver with a full scan of associated files so it can remove those too. That should get rid of everything but a MalwareBytes run could also find a few leftovers if it's really nasty. both are free software

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium - scroll to the bottom of the page for the link

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it