cpu temp problem

Mishary

Hello , I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu from a b350 tomahawk and amd ryzen 1400 to a b550 gaming edge wifi and a ryzen 5 5600x . in my old rig with a stock cooler it used to have from 35 to 45 degrees Celsius and up to 60 in games . now with a 5600x and a 212 cooler master v2 cooler I am having 60 to 70 degrees in desktop from opening chrome . and the strange thing is that when I try to game the temps are aroud 60 degress only . Is there somthing wrong here or what is going on ? and this a photo of what I am talking about   Edit : I have a gtx 1060 3gb and 32gb or ram with 550w evga psu   Edit 2 : I am not 100%sure but I think I just fixed it by switching the fan to other side of the heatsink .                                     20220120_233815.thumb.jpg.bf2c11f8a0c068dd8ae62828bd257f54.jpg

The 5600x runs a bit on the hot side so I'm not surprised you're seeing those temps. However, I'd still double check and make sure your cooler is installed properly. You'll want a pea sized bit of thermal pate on the Z of your CPU's IHS. If you pop off your cooler and some of your CPU is bare of any thermal paste then you know you'll need a bit more. Your fan should be blowing towards the rear of your case from the right side of the cooler. The fans shroud should be facing in the direction of the cooler. That said the Hyper 212 isn't a great cooler so higher temps are to be expected. But you shouldn't see spikes up to 70c opening Chrome so I still think you need to remount your cooler. 

How to install a CPU | Rock Paper Shotgun  

8 hours ago, Founders said:

The 5600x runs a bit on the hot side so I'm not surprised you're seeing those temps. However, I'd still double check and make sure your cooler is installed properly. You'll want a pea sized bit of thermal pate on the Z of your CPU's IHS. If you pop off your cooler and some of your CPU is bare of any thermal paste then you know you'll need a bit more. Your fan should be blowing towards the rear of your case from the right side of the cooler. The fans shroud should be facing in the direction of the cooler. That said the Hyper 212 isn't a great cooler so higher temps are to be expected. But you shouldn't see spikes up to 70c opening Chrome so I still think you need to remount your cooler. 

I changed the side of the heatsink fan like the one in your picture and from what I see it is back to normal temps . Thanks for the help .

13 hours ago, Founders said:

Btw , do you have a good video or article explaining how should the airflow in a pc be ?