Single fan HP RTX 2070, Good card?

Lahti

So i talked to this guy about buying his gtx 1080 but unfortunately it got sold. He told me hes got a rtx 2070 tho wich he hasnt listed yet. He said he only wanted 450 (USD) for it wich is think sounds like a bargain when rtx 2060s get sold for even more here in Sweden. After seing a picture of it i noticed it only has one fan and no brand name. Looked it up and found nothing. After diggin through the internet i found it and looks to be a HP card taken out of a prebuilt. Why am i getting it so cheap? Are the cards bad in any way or is there something i should watch out for here? Saw them on ebay too for pretty cheap and ebay usually have even more inflated prices than other second hand marketplaces.

Wierd hp card.jpg

HP motherboards and GPUs are known for having issues with power throttling, so it will be one of the worst performing 2070s you can buy. That said, if you're willing to mess around with undervolting it, you should be able to get decent performance with it. If you're getting it less than a 2060 Super, I'd feel comfortable getting it. 

This is actually a common scam. Create intrest, item sells to someone else, say you have something else for a decent but not too sketchy price, make a private transaction and then they dissapear.

Don't buy it.

That and this 2070 runs quite hot.

It'll probably run a bit hot and loud, but it should perform around the expected level. If you're willing to take the time to undervolt it and/or your case has good airflow, it should have performance comparable to a card with a better cooler, although it's hard to say how annoying the sound of the fan might be.

Who is this person relative to you? Do you know for sure this isn't a scam?

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This is actually a common scam. Create intrest, item sells to someone else, say you have something else for a decent but not too sketchy price, make a private transaction and then they dissapear.

Don't buy it.

It's called "Bait and Switch".  A very common scam.  Don't just run from this deal, RUN FAST!!!

48 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

It'll probably run a bit hot and loud, but it should perform around the expected level. If you're willing to take the time to undervolt it and/or your case has good airflow, it should have performance comparable to a card with a better cooler, although it's hard to say how annoying the sound of the fan might be.

Who is this person relative to you? Do you know for sure this isn't a scam?

I will use a thing called blocket paketet. blocket is like craigslist and i have 24 hours to test and see the product then confirm it. After that blocket pays the money over to the seller. So pretty safe

51 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Don't buy it.

Will use safe transaction method so i have time to test the card before the money is payed to him