All API's, Databases and SSMS in one application?

Potential of the software?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Could it have some use?

• Yes
    • No

Hi everyone

During the covid lockdown i've decided to finish an old project of mine i started during my education, but never finished due it is so large and abstract, that even the teachers said 'That will never work'. Now that it soon has all the basic features it's current state, i was then wondering if it's actually relevant or not these days due technology moves so quickly. Eitherway, it was really fun to create and a pain in a..., and would sit nice on my portfolio.

What i'm seeking now, is to to hear some oppinons on the solution / idea, and what also could be nice to have in such application or general workflows people seek to shorten in daily day that people miss or wished existed.

Disclaimer
I'm not a pro, or trying to make advertisement for the product, but general interested in the software solution, potential and ideas for improvements if any.

Why did i make this software?
A friend of mine had an issue at work, where he had to involve many steps and different tools, solutions, and data sources. The process was long from exporting data from different databases based on request, having different applications, filter the data recieved, combine it with some files from a client and filter it again with a script which he had to write himself, before the result came to live. I've managed to shorten this process to few minutes and saved him some work for repeatable tasks as this..

Intro video

website

What is this software?
The software is a datamanagement tool, to merge data from different data sources together. It allows you to connect all your favorit databases in one single application and fetch data  from them and combine them if not converting it inbetween the different databases.

spacer.png                   

spacer.png

The application also support's the typical REST, SOAP (ASMX, SVC) and OData API's and soon WZDL files import. The API's has the same use-case as the database connections with few options also known from the POSTMAN if an database connection is not exposed or you simply don't want to work with an databases in general.

spacer.png 

When having all the data from either API's, and databases, files can be involved in the progress and merged with different connections to an unique export. If in doubt of files, content or verse versa, a simple comparing tool inbetween files vs files, files vs tables etc can be used.

Below is an example of an export or manipulation of the data fetched from different sources. Below is also a wished result, if we want the application to write an documentation for where the data came from.

spacer.png

Application type
It's currently made in WPF, but are looking to convert it into something different in near future.

Documentation & download
Please see the attached file, or the website

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards
Martin

Datamergeeditor DEMO documentation.pdf