amd r9 390 might be dead?

mayham776

Hello I have a AMD r9 390 GPU and it crashes saying an time out occurrence happened etc and sometimes when I boot my pc up the screen doesn't come on I have to press the restart button on my case but recently what's been happening is sometimes when I play games the whole pc turns of and sits in like a restart state but doesn't do anything think its the GPU problem with the crashes randomly and sometimes doesn't load a display when turning the pc on I've tried reinstalling drivers rolling back the drivers many YouTube vids for non of them to work. so to test it I plugged my HDMI into my motherboard to see what would happen if I used integrated graphics and it works fine no crashes no screen problems no system turning off. so is this like a sign of a dead GPU?

Hi there.

Firstly, i have to say that your post is very hard to read 🧐

To the problem: did you use ddu for deinstalling you drivers? Windows deinstalling them isnt great.

i had similar issues with my Amd drivers.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X3D GPU: Powercolor 6950XT Liquid Devil Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-3200 CL16 PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1000 Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Cooling: Aquacomputer OCTO-Fancontroller, Custom loop with a 420 45mm Alphacool Radiator in the case, one external. D5 Pump, 9x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed PWM

Do you have by any chance the ability to change components? for example put the gpu in your friends pc and look if the problem is still present.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X3D GPU: Powercolor 6950XT Liquid Devil Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-3200 CL16 PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1000 Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Cooling: Aquacomputer OCTO-Fancontroller, Custom loop with a 420 45mm Alphacool Radiator in the case, one external. D5 Pump, 9x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed PWM