NVIDIA's new driver, do i install it?

Guddu003
Go to solution Solved by AnthonySimek,

Hi,

From what I can gather, the 2 features are meant to do different things.

DLSS has to be programmed by the developers into the game and should be used to boost FPC for higher resolutions, DLDSR is an improved version of DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) which has been present on older GPUs as far as the 900 series and doesn't have to be programmed in by the game devs and is controlled by Nvidia control panel, it should be used to obtail better display quality on lower resolution monitors.

"The strength with this new feature is that unlike DLSS, games don’t need to be programmed to use it – as Nvidia puts it, ‘most games’ will just work with DLDSR to give them a nice visual boost." - TechRadar

Answer from Quora to DLSS vs DSR (The technology replaced by DLDSR)https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Nvidias-DLSS-and-DSR#:~:text=DLSS is something you'd,want to improve image quality.

These 2 features should not interfere with one another. 

NVIDIA released it's new driver for it's GeForce cards today. 

My RTX card has a feature DLSS and this new driver is called AI-powered DLDSR. From what i read in this article DLSS is up-scaling software and DLDSR is down-scaling tech. It sounds conflicting that'll put more load on GPU. 

https://www.techradar.com/in/news/nvidias-ai-powered-dldsr-allows-rtx-gpus-to-make-your-games-look-better 

I would like to learn thoughts of people who understand this better. 

PC Specs - 

• Windows 10 Pro  64Bit     
  • Intel 10th Gen I7 10700F 2.9GHz
  • MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB DDR6
  • ASUS H570M-PLUS
  • Corsair Vengeance 32GB(16x2) 3600MHz DDR4
  • Samsung 980NVMe.M.2 1TB 
  • Corsair CV550 Bronze 
  • Ant eSports Mid Tower 
  • Acer Gaming Monitor 24" FHD VG240YS 165Hz
  • APC 1100VA UPS 
  • Vguard stabilizer VM300 - 8 amps

Hi,

From what I can gather, the 2 features are meant to do different things.

DLSS has to be programmed by the developers into the game and should be used to boost FPC for higher resolutions, DLDSR is an improved version of DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) which has been present on older GPUs as far as the 900 series and doesn't have to be programmed in by the game devs and is controlled by Nvidia control panel, it should be used to obtail better display quality on lower resolution monitors.

"The strength with this new feature is that unlike DLSS, games don’t need to be programmed to use it – as Nvidia puts it, ‘most games’ will just work with DLDSR to give them a nice visual boost." - TechRadar

Answer from Quora to DLSS vs DSR (The technology replaced by DLDSR)https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Nvidias-DLSS-and-DSR#:~:text=DLSS is something you'd,want to improve image quality.

These 2 features should not interfere with one another. 

Tag me in your reply: @AnthonySimek