Driver file wanting to open on bootup.

Bad@Gaming

So awhile back I tried updating my 7870 to the beta drivers so I could take advantage of the mantle API. To do this I used AMD's driver uninstaller which installs all AMD drivers. It got rid of my graphics and USB3 driver (not sure why it took USB 3 because I have an intel chipset).

Anyways, I got the beta driver successfully installed (so I thought), and I then went to get the USB3 driver from my motherboards page, and in the middle of re-installing that, my monitor went blank for a few seconds and when everything came back, it was like I never installed the beta drivers. My resolution was crap, my device manager was saying, "Standard VGA adapter" instead of, "Radeon 7800 series".

I didn't really want to mess around with it too much so I just went back to the latest non-beta driver, and that works fine now.

However, whenever I boot up and log in, the second I log in I get the, "Security warning: Would you like to run this file" message like you normally get when about to install a program. It was for the USB3 driver (which appears to have successfully installed and is working fine).

Is there any way to get rid of this? I kinda hit my annoyance limit with it today.

Thanks for your time.

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

So awhile back I tried updating my 7870 to the beta drivers so I could take advantage of the mantle API. To do this I used AMD's driver uninstaller which installs all AMD drivers. It got rid of my graphics and USB3 driver (not sure why it took USB 3 because I have an intel chipset).

Anyways, I got the beta driver successfully installed (so I thought), and I then went to get the USB3 driver from my motherboards page, and in the middle of re-installing that, my monitor went blank for a few seconds and when everything came back, it was like I never installed the beta drivers. My resolution was crap, my device manager was saying, "Standard VGA adapter" instead of, "Radeon 7800 series".

I didn't really want to mess around with it too much so I just went back to the latest non-beta driver, and that works fine now.

However, whenever I boot up and log in, the second I log in I get the, "Security warning: Would you like to run this file" message like you normally get when about to install a program. It was for the USB3 driver (which appears to have successfully installed and is working fine).

Is there any way to get rid of this? I kinda hit my annoyance limit with it today.

Thanks for your time.

Hey, try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/310129-open-file-security-warning.html

Should work out nicely for you :)

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what will unblocking that file do anyway? If it was blocked before what's going to happen when I unblock it?

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what will unblocking that file do anyway? If it was blocked before what's going to happen when I unblock it?

It's like telling windows that the file is safe. As long as you know what the file is and where it came from, there's no need to worry. So in this case, nothing will go wrong because it only appeared for the USB driver and nothing else.

Well I unblocked it, but it still appears on startup.

It can run crysis.

Well I unblocked it, but it still appears on startup.

Really? There was an instance when I was installing an AMD driver on a laptop I was using and the annoying message was constantly appearing. I believe I removed the one the AMD installer placed on the system and got it myself directly from the site. If that still doesn't work, the most I can say is to go into the device manager, search for the USB device, then into its properties and under the "Details" tab you'll see a drop down menu. Click it and select "Hardware IDs". It will display a list of values. You can copy and paste it into Google's search and it will tell you the exact driver you need for the device.